Why Hello

February 21st, he thought he would've been happy. But not today. As the snow fell, showering the buildings, he stood outside. Though his fingers were freezing, he couldn't even notice.

    "Why would you do that?" He spat angrily.

     "I thought you would've been happy? This is an amazing discovery."

     "You fool! You think I wouldn't told people if I wanted?"

     "Sorry, brother, but that's the only way it's going to work."

      "I'll get you back for this. People are going to realize what you've done."

      "Well, I'm afraid, it's too late."

He glared at him one last time, and stormed away.

    "Are you going to do anything once you become king?" his friend appeared from the shadows once he had left.

    "Don't worry. You'll be king. That way, no one will suspect a thing."

»»»»»»»»»

  "That really happened?" Ethan asked in disbelief.

   "Yes, it did."

  "And you said yes?"

Nova's face turned red.

   "It was an accident."

   "Right."

Since it was late, Nova had been telling Ethan all that had happened. It took a while. Still, she felt comfortable at home next to the fireplace, and she got to take of those uncomfortable clothes. Now she had on one of her oversized sweaters (so big that it couldn't stay on one of her shoulders) and shorts, with socks.

  "How'd you meet Chris?" Ethan changed the subject.

  "Eh," Nova thought about it as she stared at the flickering flames in the fireplace.

   "We just kind of ran into each other."

She was not about to explain how they actually met. That would lead to more questions, followed by questions about the whole thing's safety (which was actually quite low).

   "Whatever you say," Ethan said as he stretched.

   "What's that supposed to mean?"

   "You blink a lot and avoid eye contact when you're lying," He told her.

  "No I don't," She said defensively.

  "Then why are you blinking?"

Nova forced herself to stop blinking.

  "And now you're avoiding eye contact," Ethan smirked.

Nova bit her lip and shook her head.

  "Oh really?"

Ethan looked at her as she attempted to stare at him back, until she broke into laughter.

  "Case closed," Ethan said as he hugged her from behind.

  "Haha, very funny," Nova said as she crossed her arms.

  "How did you meet Chris though?" Ethan asked again.

   "Why do you want to know?"

   "Curious."

  "Right," She said, mimicking him.

Nova changed the subject when it turned quiet.

  "What did he do?" Nova asked suddenly.

Ethan thought about it and sighed.  "I didn't get it at all. He acted as if I was supposed to be here, as if a was a guest, and yet didn't tell me why. He didn't let me leave."