Shakemilks

Nova woke up to Ethan parking in a bright parking lot that she hadn't seen before. He was parking the car backwards. Or what Nova liked to call 'the unreasonably complicated' way.

  "Good morning," Ethan said, still looking backward.

  "Where are we?" Nova asked.

   "It's a surprise," Ethan said in a playful voice as Nova rolled her eyes.

    "It's just a quick stop anyways."

Nova groaned from impatience.

Is it food? Nova thought.

God, I hope it's food. I'm starving.

They both climbed out of the car and headed inside. The smell of coffee, chocolate and fresh pastries made Nova nearly melt.

   "Food," Nova sighed as Ethan let out a little laugh.

   "You know me so well."

   "What do you want to get?" Ethan asked.

She scanned over the items on the list.

    "Anything chocolate," She finally replied.

     "Look who loves chocolate now," Ethan teased as he started to walk over.

     "I was blind. Now all I see is chocolate," Nova replied.

She sat at a nearby table, waiting for Ethan to get their orders.

She started to get bored and started people-watching. She played with her fingers on the table and scanned across the room, enjoying the home-like environment.

That was, until she saw Ethan making their order.

He was talking to average height girl with full, bouncy black hair that rested on her shoulders. Nova started to glare at her. She was smiling way too much.

Then again, don't they all smile to much?

She was about to stay put and continue glaring at her until she saw the girl lean forward and and rest her hand on Ethan's shoulder.

Nova raised her eyebrows.

Oh? Oh I see, Nova thought to herself.

She could have a conversation with herself better then anyone else on the planet.

What's a good reason to walk over there?

Eh, I'll figure it out.

Without thinking, she got up from her table and walked to Ethan's side and grabbed his hand.

   "Hi babe," She said, smiling really big.

The girl just glared at her. Ethan, on the other hand, just raised his eyebrows.

     "I think I changed my mind," She said, resting her chin on his shoulder.

      "I'll have... the, um...." She quickly scanned over the menu.

      "The caramel chocolate coffee. Yeah. That," She said as she smiled again.

She glanced over at the girl. She was rolling her eyes.

      "Okay then, caramel chocolate coffee," He said to the girl, pulling cash out of his pocket.

Nova would have told him not to pay. Except she didn't bring any cash. And besides, who wouldn't take free drinks?

    "Those two and that's it?" The girl asked as Ethan nodded. Nova was still holding on to his arm.

She only let go when she put down their drinks and they headed to their table.