These Days

"Okay," Jasmine said, opening the door with no warning.

     "You need to meet someone."

      "Okay," Nova said hesitantly.

She wasn't about to argue; she knew there wasn't any point in that. Ethan, who had just woken up not too long ago, sat on the bed and looked at the both of them. He ran his fingers through his hair as if he were thinking about something.

   "Go get ready," Jasmine instructed them.

   "Why? And where?" Nova questioned her.

She shook her head.

    "I think you're going to want to."

»»»»»»»»»

  The next thing Nova knew, they were in a large room, almost like a palace. The roof was sky high, you could hear your voice echo even if you whispered. Lights glowed from each corner of the room, chandeliers hanging with invisible strings so they looked like they were in mid-air. The floors shined with a marble white, not a spot could be seen on them. Suddenly, Nova understood why she had to get ready. Roses could be found all over the palace, with highlights of gold on the floors and walls. It looked romantic, and old-fashioned at the same time.

   They still had not seen Mason or Jade yet. It was only Nova, Ethan, Jasmine, and Asher. Jasmine and Asher stood in the front as Ethan and nova stood behind them, observing. Nova had a hunch where they were; only certain places could look this nice. She held onto Ethan's arm without even realizing it.

   The first person to come out was a woman, approximately in her thirties. Her hair was a long, deep black, her eyes blue. She was wearing a long, black gown. Roses were found all over, especially at the bottom of the dress. The dress was actually off the shoulder, with a matching corset that she was wearing. On her shoulder was a tattooed star, which made Nova guess that she was one of the district leaders. She bent her head in a little bow and looked behind her.

  Behind her came another district leader. She wore a forest green dress. She had short, dark brown hair, her eyes a matching chocolate brown. Black lace was found all over her outfit, and she wore a warm smile with it. She stood next to the previous district leader and stared at her. She looked directly at Nova and studied her face. Nova clutched Ethan's arm tighter and stayed completely still. Nova noticed she had the exact same tattoo on her shoulder.

They sure had to make a dramatic entrance, didn't they?

  Two more district leaders came out. One, with dusty blonde hair and green eyes. She had a more casual, flowy dress on, and she was barefoot. A flower bracelet you could find around her ankle, and more flowers all around her dress. The second one who came out didn't have a dress on. She wore a black jumpsuit, with little diamonds at the ends. The sleeves were big and exaggerated, and she wore boots on top of that. She wore a ring, shaped like a snake around her finger. Her hair was midnight black, her eyes piercing.

      "Princess," The first one of the ladies gestured with her head towards Nova.

      "Jasmine. Asher."

Both of them stepped up to her. She nodded at them and they nodded back as if it was some language that only they could understand.

     "Thank you for bringing the Ultra Weapon," She finished.

    "Honor," Asher replied.

She stepped past them and stood in front of Nova and Elliot.

    "I'm Judith. District leader of the Phoenix District," She introduced herself.