Authorities

Previously:

I'm going to be late. I'm going to be so so late. I'm never late to dinners. Princesses aren't supposed to dinners.

And this stupid paint will never come off. I'm going to look like an army of preschoolers attacked me or something.

After Nova finally finished taking a shower, she ran down the halls to get to the dining hall. She opened the door to see Ethan already there.

And... Him.

"You're here."

»»»»»»»»»»»

"Ye-yeah, um, sorry I was late," Nova stammered as she quickly sat down.

   "Okay," He said as he smiled at the two of them from across the table.

   "I realize I probably owe you two an explanation," He chuckled.

Nova crossed her arms to her chest and gave him dirty look. Ethan's face was completely still, showing no emotion. Something he was good at in these kind of situations.

   "I'm an old friend of the king's, William," He explained.

   "I used to work here in the palace until I moved to do research on Earth."

He focused his attention on them.

   "I heard about what you two were going through."

    "So, I decided to help. Especially since your father isn't here, Nova,"  He said, gesturing towards Nova.

   "I've made.... lots of mistakes in the past. I was sort of hoping this could make up for it." He said, with a spot of hopefulness in his voice.

Nova scoffed, then covered it with a cough.

   "Now, I wanted to make sure you guys had to do as little as possible, so, I already told everyone you're not getting married," He told them.

   "How?" Nova asked doubtfully.

    "I just explained the whole thing live after Judith told me everything that had happened," He shrugged.

     "Like it's that easy," Nova glared at him.

     "Of course, it will take a while for the districts to calm down about it," He continued.

    "But no marriages will be taking place. I've also managed to capture the imposter that pretended to be you," He said as he gestured to Ethan.

    "You did?" Ethan asked, his eyes wide open.

Nova rolled her eyes at Ethan's reaction. Though she was quite curious herself.

   "I sent some trainees to that district. They haven't yet arrived though," He shrugged.

Nova sat up straight.

    "Whoever told you you had the right to do that?" 

He blinked in surprise.

    "I didn't use any expenses, I swear, I-"

    "I don't give a damn about expenses," Nova spat.

    "I just care about you using Lunar resources. With your nonexistent authority."

Suddenly the room was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Not even a pin, a feather.

    "Nova, maybe-" Ethan started.

    "No! Not 'maybe'," Nova accused.

    "To hell with this, I'm out," Nova shook her head and got out of her seat.