It's About Time

"What do you mean?" Ethan asked innocently as Nova stabbed him in the arm with her elbow. 

Janet raised one eyebrow and gave them a look. Which caused Alex to mimic her look and raise one eyebrow at them as well. Simone decided to join in, and soon everybody was staring at Ethan and Nova, making the room a deathly silence.

Awkward.

   "Okay, bye," Nova huffed as she resumed her place upstairs.

How immature they were acting!

You're one to talk, Nova.

She sat herself back in Ethan's room, this time not on the bed, but in a chair. She sat there in complete and utter silence with her legs crossed and her arms folded. It took all her willpower not to walk inside that room.

It probably wasn't even anything that she had to worry about. Just a hobby that wasn't even her business. She would figure it out, and not even care. So it was best that she didn't open it.

Is what she kept telling herself. She stood up.

What if she did read it? What could possibly happen?

Oh please, you're not that dumb. He'll figure it out, he'll hate you forever, you'll die all alone and wish you never opened that stupid book!

She slowly stepped towards the door.

Or you'll just lock the door, take a quick peek, put it down and come up with a logical lie on why you locked yourself in his room.

She quickly scrambled to the front door and locked it, making sure to stay quiet.

Idiot, don't you do it! Don't you dare do it!

She stepped in front of the closet and opened the door.

In front of her was the room exactly the way she left it, with the notebook and pen lying on the table. She grabbed the book and perched herself on Ethan's bed with the book in her hand. Her finger traced the golden engravement of 'Ethan' on the cover.

How important was this book? Why couldn't he have hidden it somewhere simple like, a drawer?

She flipped the book open once again and what met her eyes was a simply written poem. It was on the very front page, almost like a blurb for a story. It said this.

𝘓𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘶𝘭. 𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴. 𝘏𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘵𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦. 𝘚𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘐. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦.

  "Hm," Nova said to herself.

She flipped the next page.

On the next two pages were a song, the third a poem, the fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh more songs. Some were about fear, others about happiness and more about hurt. There were some about hiding your true feelings. 

But most of them were about love.

She laid on her stomach on the bed, still reading the notebook about thirty minutes later. She smiled as she read the notebook. It was beautiful. 

One poem caught her eye, though. She wondered what it meant.

𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘌𝘯𝘥. 𝘛𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵.