Discoveries

Elliot knew Nova was telling the truth about being from the moon. Though he wasn't sure about the whole "princess" part, he didn't know what to think. He knew he was supposed to hate people from the moon, but he couldn't help but think.

If she was the princess of the moon, did she know what happened to...Alex?

That didn't matter right now. Right now, they were at the coffee shop the lady from the library mentioned the day before. Nova, being herself, dragged Elliot to the coffee shop two hours before 8 A.M., two hours before the man they were looking for actually arrived.

    "My God, Ethan." Nova rolled her eyes.

    "Why are you so lazy in the mornings?"

    "Why are you so hyper in the mornings?" Elliot grumbled.

    "It's unnatural."

Nova lightly swacked him on the shoulder.

    "Ethan, you're so sluggish." Nova sighed.

    "Okay, that's it. I'm going to go order something," Elliot concluded as he got up from the table.

As he walked to the counter, he thought over her words.

Ethan.

He didn't know why she insisted on calling him Ethan, but whatever it was, he didn't like it. It sent a tingle in his spine, bringing back distant memories he had tried so hard to forget. All the things she did; her smile, her laugh, her attitude, and how she called him Ethan? She reminded him so much of Alex. And he didn't like it. He didn't like it at all.

    "Are you going to order?" the counter girl snapped, bringing him back to reality.

    "Oh, yeah. I'll have two chocolate milkshakes."

He walked back to the table, sliding the two drinks unto it.

    "You bought one for me?" Nova asked.

    "Of course I did," Elliot said nonchalantly.

    "Oh! Well, the least I can do is pay for it-"

    "No, it's fine. I already did. Take it," Elliot insisted.

Nova reluctantly grabbed the drink.

    "What is it?" Nova asked.

    "You're telling me you're the princess of the moon and you've never had a milkshake before?"

    "Shhhh!" Nova hushed him aggressively.

    "And yes, I've never had one of these before."

    "Well, it's chocolate flavored-"

    "What's chocolate?" Nova interrupted him.

Elliot's eyes widened.

   "You've never had chocolate before?"

   "If I had, I wouldn't have asked 'What's chocolate?'" Nova rolled her eyes.

Elliot smirked.

   "Well, 'princess', you're in for the light of your life."

   "Don't call me princess," Nova warned him.

    "It sounds dumb."

    "So, you can call me Ethan, but I can't call you 'princess'?"

    "Exactly."

Elliot laughed.

   "Just try the drink." Elliot sighed, calming his laughter.

Nova reluctantly sipped on the drink.