Chamber of Secrets- Part 11

Harry Potter

We were in potions and we needed the ingredients. Ron suggested throwing a firecracker but I'd be killed but I knew what would distract him.

Victoria.

Today was Wear Any Clothes You Want To Day. Victoria wore a pink sweater that mom used to own. She straightened her hair and put on black leggings. She wore Mom's flats and she looked so stupid. Everyone said she looked cute and innocent but she looked stupid.

During potions Snape kept looking at Victoria and smiling. Victoria then asked Snape to talk about a grade outside and weirdly Snape said yes. That's when Hermione grabbed the supplies because then Ron threw a firecracker to distract the class.

We went to some dueling club and it was a disaster. Me and Malfoy dueled and he had a snake go after me. Without even thinking, I call out at the snake to leave Justin alone, and the snake falls into a docile heap on the floor. I am relieved, but the class is terrified, and only after class did I find out through Ron and Hermione that he spoke Parseltongue-snake language-a feat for which Salazar Slytherin himself was famous.

I began to question if, in fact, I really could be the heir. Furthermore, I'm worried about the Sorting Hat's decision to place me into Gryffindor, when it mentioned first that I could be great through Slytherin.

The next day I am restless and go to find Justin to explain what had actually happened, but as i  look for him in the library, he overheard several Hufflepuffs, led by Ernie Macmillan, discussing the probability that I am the heir, and that Voldemort had not succeeded in killing me only because me as an infant already had powerful dark protective powers. I speak to the Hufflepuffs and ask for Justin, and they all react fearfully and with accusations that anger and annoy me.

On my way back to the Gryffindor common room I trip over the stone-hard figure of Justin Finch-Fletchley, lying near the airy floating figure of Nearly-Headless Nick. Soon Peeves the Poltergeist sees the scene and cries out, alerting the students and teachers, all of whom quickly rush into the corridor. Many angry faces glare accusatory at me, and Professor McGonagall calls me to come with her. Together we walk to Dumbledore's room. Fuck everyone. I love it here but sometimes it's hard for The Chosen One. Victoria has it so easy.

As frightened as I feel as I am brought to speak with Dumbledore, I am still deeply impressed by Dumbledore's office.

I spy on the Sorting Hat, and while waiting for Dumbledore to emerge from the back room, I try it on.

"You put me on again? Desperate are we? Like I said you would do very well in Slytherin."

My attention falls next on a sickly bird perched near the door, and before I can observe it for long,

"AHHHH!!!" I screamed as the bird burst into fire and was gone.

"Harry, don't worry. Fawkes is a phoenix, and the time had come for his burning and rebirth."

During this explanation, Dumbledore also mentions that phoenixes are excellent pets because they are faithful, can carry heavy loads, and can heal injuries with their tears.

At this moment, Hagrid bursts into the room proclaiming mine innocence, and Dumbledore impatiently informs Hagrid that he does not think I was responsible for petrifying the students. THANK GODDDD!

"Harry, is there anything you wanted to tell me?"

There were so many things pressing me and swirling my mind.

"No." I say and I walk out.