Chamber of Secrets- Part 14

Victoria Potter

I was late for Herbology today, I ran and when I was running I saw a line of spiders moving towards the forest.

"Regulus, spiders!" I whispered.

"Yeah, so?...OHHHHHH SPIDERS YOU HAVE TO TELL HARRY AND RN! BE THE NEW HERMIONE!"

"Yeah, but I won't be a wise-ass who is soooooo perfect." I chuckled.

After Herbology I walked to Defense Against the Dark Arts. There I sat next to my brother and Ron, usually where Hermione sits.

"Hey guys, guess what!"

"What Tors?" Ron looked at my tiredly. Is that a word? Tiredly? Regulus says the word I am looking for is sleepily but I like tiredly!

"I saw a line of spiders walking into the forest!" I put a lot of emphasis on spiders so the idiots understand what I am trying to say.

"I don't know about following them, maybe just a coincidence?" Ron said doubtfully.

"What are you scared of spiders?" Harry comments.

"No! I-"

"I am so happy, the fat man Haldridge? No, Hagrid, is gone meaning the school is safe as ever!" Lockhart paraded around the room

"Ugh I hate this guy." Harry muttes, Ron and I nod in agreement.

"So... spiders?" I smile.

"Yeah that is the best idea." Harry smiled and Ron nodded in agreement with Harry.

---------------

"How are you already at the hut?" Harry said, taking off the invisibility with Ron and Fang by his side.

"I always sneak out, this was easy. No one was watching." I say gleefully.

We soon spy a few solitary spiders scuttling deep into the forest, away from the paths, and so they follow them for a long time. Eventually, we hear something large moving behind the trees, and they are greatly relieved to see that it is Ron's once-flying car, the Ford Anglia that hit the Whomping Willow and now is running wild in the Forbidden Forest.

"Omg hahaha!" We all started to laugh crazily and then Ron turned and froze like Colin Creevey. Bad joke Victoria BAD JOKE.

"Why spiders? Why couldn't it follow the butterflies?" Ron exclaimed.

Ron and Harry were being carried by a spider frozen with fear while I, well now that I think about it why aren't I in Gryffindor? Probably because I asked to not be in Gryffindor like Harry asking not to be in Slytherin.

"PLUM WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Harry screamed.

"I AM SURFING THIS SPIDER!" I screamed as I stood on the running spider trying not to fall off the spider.

"YOU ARE CRAZY! THESE THINGS ARE SCARY!" Ron said. This kid thought the small spiders were scary, did I really have a crush on this guy?

The spiders carry us into a clearing with a giant domed web, where we are met with an elderly blind spider, Aragog, who first dismisses Ron and Harry and I to be killed, but then speaks with us when we claim to have been sent by Hagrid. The boys and I learn from Aragog that the school thought he was the monster within the Chamber, but really he had been given to Hagrid as an egg and raised in captivity. We learn also that the monster in the chamber is the creature most feared by spiders, and because of that its name is not spoken. We learn finally that the creature's victim was found in the toilet, and that soon after the event, Hagrid set Aragog free in the Forest. After informing them of this, Aragog instructs his children to eat the humans and dogs. For a moment we know that we are doomed, and then all of a sudden they hear a horn and see The Ford Anglia. We then open the door, shove in Fang and ourselves, and flee the Forbidden Forest.

"Guys!"

"What plum?" Harry looked at me as I was driving the car out of the forest.

"Are you guys dumb? The girl who died is definitely Moaning Myrtle!"

"Are you sure." Ron muttered still frozen by what had just happened.

"Positive!"

---------------

We dash to the staff room to show their findings of the piece of paper from Hermione to McGonagall, only to hear an announcement that another attack has occurred and teachers must report to the staff room immediately. Hiding behind a row of robes, we listen to the staff meeting and learn that Ginny Weasley had been taken into the Chamber of Secrets, and that written on the wall were the words,

"Her skeleton will lie in the Chamber forever."

"The school will be closed, and the students sent home the following morning." McGonagall announced.

At this point, Lockhart enters the meeting and all the teachers turn on him, challenging him to take on the monster by himself, since he is so boastful that he knows how. Lockhart titters nervously and leaves the room, and soon I run with the boys behind me to his office to help him by telling him what they know of the monster in the pipes, and they find him in his office packing his bags.

"I have never defeated a dark creature before." Lockhart hastily says while stuffing a shirt in a bag.

"Then what are your books that my mom loves?" Ron stepped toward Lockhart.

"Well... I simply interview the people who did the things I claim to do, and then erase their memory of the encounter before writing up their adventures as my own."

"WHAT!?" Harry, Ron, and I screamed in unison.

"Y'know it makes sense." Regulus commented while nodding his head.

"Now that you three know I will now erase your minds." He said, smirking. "Now 10 points to whichever tells me what spell locks a door."

"Colloportus." I say locking the door.

"VICTORIA!" Ron screamed.

"What? If I am getting my memory erased I am going out getting some gosh damn points for Ravenclaw." I explained.

"Thank you, now 10 points to Ravenclaw." Lockhart said, raising his wand.

"No thank you, EXPELLIARMUS!" I say disarming him. Harry grabs Lockhart and his wand pushing him to the bathroom.

After questioning Myrtle we descend into the pipes.