2: 3.6

Love u nerds
—————

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since the first match, and each fight has been harder than the last. The tournament is almost over now, only two teams left to battle. Along the way, Team karma met a few familiar faces, but nothing would prepare them for when they reached the quarter finals, and saw him.

No words were spoken, just cautious glances throughout the match. Of course, after a long journey Team Karam managed to win by a small margin. They hadn't quite mastered working as one, but they sure as hell were the closest team to doing so. The fight ended, and people started to pack up, but Mi couldn't keep her eyes of the guy across from her. He sat hunched and hidden, a black hoodie thrown over his head. Her old best friend.

"Mi, come on now-" Jungkook grabbed her hand, his eyes searching for her reaction, "we should go."

"We haven't spoken since he left..." she diverted her gaze back to him, "I, I don't know what to do."

It was a hard decision, Jungkook still had nightmares of Mi running away Dae on that rainy night. But she was with him now, and he has to let her do this. With a slow release, he let go of her grasp and nudged her over, "Go on, you should talk to him... I'll wait by the door."

"Jungkook you can come "

"No," he eyed the boy who was getting ready to leave, "your the one that need to talk to him."

He was right, Mi had so many questions. Her first, real best friend- gone within seconds... she didn't know whether it was all fake, if he didn't believe in her too lead, or a miscommunication... but she did know he didn't say goodbye.

Her legs wobbled as she walked over, shivers escaping down her spine as she made a direct path towards him. When they met eyes, across the room, he didn't move another inch. Dae just froze, and unreadable expression plastered onto his face. When Mi got there, right in front of him, she didn't utter word, just titled her head and looked up at his face.

He had changed quiet a bit, from her memory of him she had kept hold of. His hair was no longer floppy, but cut short and combed up. His jaw looked more defined, no more chubby cheeks, and his stature had definitely bugged out. His neigh hadn't changed though, he was still smaller than the rest... the only thing Mi could grasp hold of to convince herself this was the same boy she spent so much time with months ago.

"Hi." His voice crackled as he forced it out, dry and hoarse.

"Hi." Mi returned the greeting, slightly louder. There was a delicate pause before she continued. "How have you been?"

He frowned. "Yeah, I've been good. Working." Mi nodded slightly, opening her mouth to talk but finding no words to come out. Dad continued. "You look good, too... congrats on today. Your team played well."

Your team... "Dae, what the fuck?" She couldn't put on the act that she was fine with all this any longer. "I need an explanation, on why your left, why you stopped talking to me, why you just- just-"

"Woah," His finger lifted to wipe the small tears pooling on top of Mi's cheek bones, "I'm sorry okay... I didn't release what I'd done till I did it, till I saw you."

"I just need to know why. Was it because I became the new leader?"

"Nono, he pulled on her arm for her to sit down on a bench next to him, "if anything that's the thing that almost made me stay... it hurt Mi-sun. Staying there by your side, watching you be with him-"

Mi caught sight of the boy waiting for her at the entrance, he sent a little wave before looking back down at his phone.

"But-"

"I loved you, Mi. I really think I did, and when he told us- when you told us he was giving you this whole company- the whole team! It settled in that I'd never get you, no matter how long I waited..."

"So that was it? You left me like the others because I became the new leader-"

"You don't know how bad I wanted to stay. But when the other rioted and left, it seemed like it was an excuse for me to go too... so I could get away from you for a bit. Be by myself."

"Dae-" Mi had no words, "I'm sorry but I love Jungkook-"

"I know you do. I'm not asking for you not too. But, it was just too hard to be your friend..." he held her hand, a soft expression now radiating from him.

"And how about now? Can I have my friend back?" She tried to make a joke, but he only sighed.

"I'm sorry, I'm just- I'm not ready for this. I still feel so many things for you... I'm going to need a while."

Dae stood, a sad smile left. "Oh, ok. Promise me you'll come back to me, once you feel, well, once you've gotten over this." The boy just nodded, picking up his back pack at following his new team, not even turning around as he left.

Jungkook came over to pick up the broken girl left blubbering, and they walked out together. It was sad, seeing Mi so down after such an important win.

"Hey, I have somewhere I need to take you-" They walked up to the car and got straight in, the boy shouting to the rest of the team that they will be skipping the celebration of winning. "I think it's about time I do this."

Mi could only stare in confusion, until they pull up to a familiar alley way. "No-"

"Mi-sun, I love you so very much..." his eyes crossed,

"will you come and grab some food with me?"

—————

Unedited bc my eyes hurt and it's 5am and I have a psychology lesson in 3 hrs and I'm yet to sleep

BUT YALL GOOD NEWS IS I HAVE SUCH COOL IDEAS FOR WHEN I FIND MY MOTIVATION FOR ANOTHER BOOK LIKE THIS AYYYY