2.6

Ahhh I'm so bored :( I feel like these chapters are too small for the book? I dunno, I might make them a lil longer till it progresses past the competition a bit more - sorry
—————

His character loaded in front of her.

"Look! The new girl is the next to face Boss!" The guys, who weren't currently in a game, crowded around both of their desks and watched each of their screens. Mi could hear Jungkooks light breathing through the microphone. Right, this time she wasn't Mi-sun, sparring playfully with her new friend. No, she's an assistant playing against her boss. Different account, higher pitched voice, different play style. She got this!

"Can I start?" She whispered through the mic. He nodded and took a step closer.

She had to follow her plan, start off bad and let him get cocky. Make him relax just enough to land a few hits on him. Not to kill him completely, enough so no one could mock her for loosing, and then let him finally kill her. It was genius.

"Go on, Sun-mi! Fight him!"
"Yeah do it!"
"What are you waiting for."

Start off slow. And she did, her character moved forward and swung a punch at a mediocre speed. He stepped sidewise, dodging easily. Another punch, another easy dodge. One kick here, two there, he continued to dance around her; just as she had done to Mark only a few minutes ago.

"What happened to your confidence?" He murmured through the mic, no one else heard him but Mi. She laughed internally, it's still there alright...

She continued to jump and kick and fight and swing, but he started to dodge later and wait until she was millimetres away before moving. He was making fun of her. The boys around her chuckled, clearly seeing what he was doing to her. So she closed her eyes briefly, and slowed down her movements even further.

Jungkook also slowed down his speed too. He stepped side to side, just missing her attacks by milliseconds. This was it. He was completely showing off now. And after playing with him for so long, Mi new the stunt he was about to pull.

Jungkook does it to every new player that tried to defeat him. Once the player tried to go for his legs, he jumps over them and end the match with a blow to the head. It's effective and elegant. The amount of times she had seen him do it was uncountable, so it was only right she taught him a lesson about using the same moves so often.

Her mouse was jerked back, and her avatar dropped to the floor and slid along the ground, aming straight for his feet. Mi could sense the smile on his face as she watched him jump up and above her at the last minute. Too slow.

As fast as she could, which was pretty damn fast, the girl jerked her mouse again and her in game player was stood up and behind him.

Bam bam bam.

Three hits to the back of his head and neck. His health points dropped to 30/100 as he fell to the floor.  Mi stepped backwards, and allowed Jungkook to stand back up and turn around.

"Maybe I'll let you get a hit on me too, seeing as you're such a soft boy and all." Mi giggled through the mic, and took her hands off the keyboard. Everyone around her gasped. She had just humiliated Korea's best gamer in a matter of seconds.

"I see, you play smart. I underestimated you, new girl. But that won't happen again." And just as the last word left his mouth, he jumped forward. The game continued like cat and mouse, he followed and pounced and Mi did everything she could to weave and avoid.

It got to the point where it became humorous, and both of them started using less and less advanced moves to dodge each other. They both started playing so basically that their match looked like children playing tag.

This is where Mi felt satisfied, and her blood cooled. She was happy, she had taught him a lesson and prove herself. Now, like planned, it was time to end this. So she took her hands off her desk, and watched as Jungkook sent a small punch to the chest, and for the match to be instantly over.

Her screen turned black. This was the first time she had lost a real match in a long time, but it felt weirdly good. To her it was more rewarding to have played it, the end result didn't matter at this point. And technically, she was still in the competition with her other account.

"Good game, you did well." Jungkook strolled over to her desk, and the crowd scattered. "You played smart at the start, it was a good strategy to take some health from me." His hand took hold of a pen on her desk, and he started to click it continuously.

"Yeah... too bad I messed up at such an easy attack." Mi tried her best to sigh. She bowed her head and dropped her shoulders. At this point she deserved an Oscar for the performance she was pulling off.

"About that, the fact you could avoid my advanced attacks shows you must have trained quite a bit. It's practically impossible for someone so... so skilled to die from such an easy mistake." He stopped clicking the pen, and stared her straight in the eyes. "What do you do here again? Paperwork?"

All she could do was gulp. "My hand slipped." That time, she didn't sound as convincing...

"I'll be waiting for our re match, new girl. Until then, let's call this one a draw." He took her pen back to his own desk and placed it in his holder with a smirk.

"But you clearly beat me, fair and square."

"I didn't. We both know that." This time he was the one to sigh. His shoulders dropped and his head bowed to his screen, leaving a sense of guilt in the girls chest.

Forget it. Her performance flopped, it was hardly worth an Oscar stage let alone a street pavement compared to his. Hers was see through, and he looked right through it to her dirty lie.

Great. Now her boss knew she was good. Most cases, this would prompt promotion, but right now it was just another nuisance to worry about for poor old Mi.