3.4

The fact that I went to bed at 6am and woke up the next day at like 7am must be some sort of record?!? That's like 25hrs of sleep.... damnnn

Anyways, fact of the day: by a new law created by me just now, Jungkook is still classed as a fetus and always will be. Enjoy the chapter : )
—————

The car ride wasn't silent like Mi thought it would be. Jungkook immediately started asking questions and telling jokes, making the atmosphere extremely relaxing. Mi almost forgot the scheme of lies she was pulling today as the boy told another awful dad joke he had heard from his older friend.

"And that's when-"

"SHUT UP." She screamed, throwing her hand over his mouth.

"W-whatt?" His voice was heavily muffled by her small hand attached on to his lips.

"This is the. Best. Song. Ever. " Her hand reached down to the radio and she turned the volume up almost all the way. The roof was down on the car, so practically the whole neighbourhood could hear as well.

The music started to play, and Jungkook new instantly what it was. "Are you serious? I fricken love this song, god it makes me cry."

The girl chuckled, agreeing with his statement and ruffling his hair. She started to sing, extremely out of tune, but she didn't care. Mi felt comfortable showing her true self.

Jungkook also laughed, but after a few lines had been sung, he also joined in. Mi-sun instantly stop and stared at his side profile. The words flew out of his mouth so elegantly, and the sound- god the sound was immaculate. Mi had never really listened to Jungkooks music in the boy band BTS, no she was more interested in his current gaming status. Sure she had heard a few songs, but they were all pop songs and just not that meaningful.

But this song, 'If You' which was currently being covered by Jungkook while he drove, was euphoria to her ears. It was amazing, and as the song grew closer to the end, she continued to stare as it got better and better.

(A/n : IF YOU HAVNT HEARD JUNGKOOKS COVER OF 'IF YOU' THEN I SUGEST YOU DROP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING AND RUN TO GO LISTEN. THE END KILLS ME AND I JUST CANT ITS AMAZING SO GO LISTEN!)

"Wow... kook that was." She sat back straight in her chair, finally taking her eyes off him and looking to the road. "Wow..."

"Aha, I do love that song."

"I think I love your version even more." They both shared a glance and smiled. It was perfect. Ehhh, I mean it was nice. Friendship, Mi felt so happy with her choice of a first best friend right now.

Jungkook pulled into a car park, and she realised they had arrived. Oh god. All the bliss and harmony she was feeling flew out the open car roof and she was attacked with guilt, anxiety and most importantly, a massive need for the bathroom.

"Welcome to my building! I can't wait for you too meet the team." They both jump out and make their way through the crowds in the front reception. Jungkook grabs a visitor badge off the front desk and wraps it around her neck. "You ready?"

His faces is mere centimetres away from hers, his breath ticking her right cheek as he leaned in to attach the badge. "Thanks.." was all she managed out. He smiled back, draping her arm around her shoulder and dragging her to the back room, the room where she happens to work...

"Hey, everyone! This is the winner on the tournament, Bluenova8" the whole room swivelled to look in their direction. Mi felt the blood rush to her face and she tried to hide behind Jungkook.

"Is that another girl?" Mark spit out in a mocking tone. "Don't we have enough of those." Everyone waited for something to happen, but the fiery girl who worked in the corner of the room didn't jump in to defend and fight back. It was just silence.

"Jae, where's Sun-mi?" Jae scurried over.

"She called in sick today, said she had a headache and needed to stay off." He scratched his head.

Jungkook sighed, looking back to address the room. "Mark, can you shut the fuck up for once?!" Everyone stood still. Sure, he was boss and often spoke in a threatening tone, but never had he snapped like that. Mark seemed just as surprised, and he shrivelled back into his sweaty chair. "Yes, Bluenova8 is a girl. She is still able to beat you all in 1v1 combat, so I hope you all show her some respect."

Wow, this was weird. When 'Sun-mi' started, he made her prove herself. He acted like the others, and only defended her when the joke went too far. But now she was here, as herself and Jungkook friend, he acted completely different, it was if he was ready to fight for her or protect her. Mi saw the awkwardness that filled the room, so she came out of hiding and stood forward.

"Hello, I'm Bluenova8. For now, you can address me as Nova or Mi." She bowed her head, and Jungkook smiled at her, dragging into her down to show her around. Everyone else went back to work after welcoming her and their eyes were torn off her.

"This is game design, publicity and blah blah blah..." he laughed, point at various desks. Then he moved to the back of the room. "This is where my assistant works."

"Your assistant?" Mi wondered if he meant her. Her job started out as strategies but she basically now does everything Jungkook can't be bothered too - even if it's not in her job.

"Yeah, I'm just so important. Her name is Sun-mi, she's pretty good at gaming too." He sits in her chair and spins around. "It would be nice if you could have met her, she has blue hair too." He eyes her curly, ruffled locks almost suspiciously.

"It's a popular colour now..." she changed the subject quickly. "So where do you work?"

He stood up with a smirk and walked over to the desk next to them. "This is the desk I work at, so I can watch the team and Sun-mi but my office is behind us."

Wait. "You work out here to... watch Sun-mi?" It came out a little too happy, so Mi turned her face to one of confusion to get the vibe across.

"Ye I guess. She's new, and people aren't the nicest to her... I make sure no one says anything and that the work isn't too much. If she seems stressed, I'll make her go get me a drink from the canteen so she can have a walk and calm down." He explained it as if had done something wrong and was defending himself, but the girl thought it was cute. He cared about her, just never showed it at work.

"MI!" A small boy ran up to them both and tackled the girl in a large bear hug. "I missed you!" Dae giggled, releasing her and looking to Jungkook. Oh no, Jungkook.

"H-hi, Dae..." she looked between both boys, "I met him at the tournament, we became friends." She explained to the boss, but his face remained cold.

"Right. Close friends I see." She shrugged in response, and they walked back to the middle of the room. "So, this is the office. I'll get you the prize..."

"No." Mi reached for his hand and stopped him. "I really don't need it. I just wanted to see you... at work. You at work." Yikes, close one.

"Are you sure? Well what about the job offer?" He turned back to face her. "I think you'd do well here. You could join and work from home? If you like working professionally then when the new season comes around you can join officially." It was tempting...

"But- I have a job. I can't quit if I'm not going to get payed until the new season." Mi ran her hands through her hair, shaking as she did.

"You can stay at your current job, all you have to do is practise with us at night. We do that anyway, so it would be fine yeah?" He held out his hand. "Deal?"

She reached forward with a big grin. "Only if you promise to never go easy on me again." Their eyes met, both creased with joy. The feeling between them was magnificent, something both had never felt before. Mi could feel the butterflies flutter around inside and the warm feeling radiating from his touch. God, they really did get on well.

He laughed, squeezing her hand tighter as if he never wanted to let go, "anything for you, m'lady."

"Great." She pinched his cheeks playfully, "but right now this gamer needs the toilet." She ran out the room, Jungkooks cackles following behind her.