Chapter 2 - Aurora

Hi! Thanks for reading, if you've got this far! Ha! The next part will be a big time jump to solo Harry and the real story starts from there, this was just an initial meeting, in their younger days. I hope you enjoy!
L x
***

He seems so much older than he is, technically he is a teenager, in the biggest boyband in the would, he isn't what I expected at all, for the next hour we talk non-stop, he makes sure to include my mum within the conversation, and pause every once in a while to check in with his manager. He is an enigma, that is for sure. He could capture a whole room, I could imagine what he was like on stage, I got it, why people loved him so much, he drew you right in.

I try to keep the pout from my face when Paul tells him to get ready to move, I was enjoying his company too much.
I look out the window, seeing a group of men, most of them even bigger than Paul start to part the crowd, the girls were in a frenzy, trying to push to stay front and centre, but their efforts weren't much use, the security men did not care, they had ear defenders on too, I wonder how much of the screaming they drown out. They were so loud I could imagine they'd probably still hear a lot of the screams.

"It's been really nice chatting to you, you both." Harry says looking between me and my mum, he focuses his attention back on me, my first thought was he looks shy now, a sheepish look spread across his face, "maybe I could take your number?"

Oh.

Oh wow, there's no way he's shy about that, why would he even want my number? But I didn't say no, no way. He handed me his phone and I quickly typed it in, adding my name and putting Belfast in brackets, I blushed when he laughed at that, I don't know why I did it, I was just trying to stop my hands from shaking, I'll admit I was a bit flustered, I'd become completely enthralled by him over the last little while.

"Thanks Aurora, I'll see you!" He says, I watch him ready himself as he walked towards the door, the impossible happens then and the screams get even louder, I watch as Paul opens the door and two of the giant men flank Harry, I quickly go to the door and lock it as soon as they leave, we don't need those girls charging in here now, to pick up his napkin or empty cup, I could just imagine.

I stay at the door until he is safely through the chaos and already speeding off in the car that was waiting. I step away when I glance around, finding myself at the end of the stares of many, many of the girls standing outside.

"Well... that was an interesting afternoon." My mum muses, already cleaning up his table, she looks up at me and wriggles her eyebrows, carrying his empty dishes and rubbish back towards the kitchen.

"You could say that..." I nod, my cheeks a bit pink as I silently beg for her not to mention him asking for my number, I know she heard him and saw me type it in.

"Do I need to start buying you clothing with his face on it? Posters? Oh I could get one for the cafe, right above the table he sat at, that would bring the punters in!" I burst out with a laugh, nodding my head in agreement as I looked at the wall above the table, there was a space.

"Oh yes, that would bring the customers in, all those girls would be dying to use the same plate and glass that he did. They might even buy his used napkins." I say jokingly, and I feel slightly bad at poking fun.

And in a way it did, when I was in school on the Monday my mum text me to tell me how busy they had been in the cafe, people even asking her questions about him.

Just before I arrive home she'd text to say she had a delivery, flowers and package, 'I think it's from Harry, or his team! How exciting! X'

I reply to ask her what it was, but when I get home I see the cafe is still buzzing with people, lots more young girls that I'd never seen in the place, never mind in one day. Usually I would go in through the cafe to get home, but I skip that today, I don't want any questions, I already had enough at school, my photo was online, photos taken through the glass window, trying to get Harry, but of course there I was, I was mortified.

"Hi mum..." I smile, sneaking in to the kitchen, calling out to her through the hatch. I look at the counter and saw the flowers, they were gorgeous, the card just read 'thanks, H x' simple and sweet.

"Can I open this?" I call out to her? Spinning the package on the counter.

"Yes, love. I'll come back in a second, I've been meaning to do it all day. But we ran out of so much, Katie had to go to the shop, Katie was a girl not much older than me who worked in the cafe with my mum, she was lovely and could bake anything, and it was always the most delicious baked goods I'd ever tasted.

I open the box and laugh loudly, there at the top was a signed photo of Harry Styles, his signature and then a line about how great the sandwiches are under it. There were also T-shirts and mugs in the box, One Direction of course, and a Starbucks voucher, I'd mentioned that it was my favourite. It was a sweet gesture, a really sweet one. He listened to everything I said, so intently, when he really didn't have to.
I'd never met anyone like him before, and I doubt I ever will again.

I wish I could have text to thank him, but he took my number, I never got his and he never text.