Chapter 21 - Aurora

For the next five weekends I drive down to Newcastle to spend the weekend with Harry, I've grown so attached to him that I'm not what to make of it. I spend my entire week just wishing it was Saturday so that I could see him, abc I think he's just as keen as me, he texts me so much throughout the week.

He seems different from the guy I first picked I'm from the airport, he's more relaxed and happier, I'd like to think I had a tiny part to play in that.

He's convinced me to take the week off from work and go on a road trip with him, he's finally hired a car, so I don't even have to drive, of course I said yes.

I packed a large bag last night, stuffing in SS much as I could because I didn't want to pack the car too full.

We didn't really have a plan yet, he said he wanted to see all of my favourite places all around the country, I imagined we'd end up down south in Ireland, I loved Dublin and I wanted to show him the Cliffs of Moher too. I'd spent today in work writing out a rough itinerary, listing the places I know that I definitely wanted to show him.

I was so excited, I was literally buzzing in work. Checking the time every few minutes just to see if it was time to leave yet.

My thoughts are always of Harry, in the space of six weeks I've become to fond of him, and gotten so used to having him in my life. We had grown so much closer, instead of just having sex we would cuddle and hold hands and exchange soft kisses that felt like there was so much more behind them, I liked him so much, and I know he felt the same.

Last weekend before he'd asked me about this trip he'd told me so, he told me how much he liked being here and that he couldn't imagine not having me in his life, that he didn't want that.

I told him I didn't either, and he promised me that he'd always be there, I promised him the same. And that was that, without saying it in so many words it felt like we confirmed this was more than just friends, this was... a relationship, I think.

I've never met anyone like him, he's caring and sweet, and he's funny. As well as sexy and really good at holding a conversation. I quite frankly have no idea what he sees in me, none at all. But I am not gonna question that, because I don't want to jinx anything that we have, I'm afraid if I think too much about it I'll ruin it or wake up from this dream.

Finally the hour come around and I can leave work. I drive to Newcastle to what has been like my second home, I only just reach the driveway and I see the door pulling open, I give Harry the biggest grin, he's already coming down the steps, he opens my door as soon as I park and he leans in and kisses me, "I missed you..." he breathes.

I smile, slightly shocked. This is the first time he's ever done that, he usually waits at the top of the steps, but I've missed him to and I welcome it, I kiss him back and slide my hand into his hair, I hum against his lips, "I missed you too, babe." I say.

He smiles at that and helps me out of the car, taking my bag inside with us, holding my hand the entire time.

Something feels a bit different, he's being so touchy and clingy, I don't hate it, not even one little bit of dislike, but I wonder what's going on with him.

"Are you okay?" I ask him when he pulls me go sit on his lap, my bag abandoned at the bottom of the stairs, I sit and cuddle into him on the couch.

"Yeah baby, I'm fine. Are you?" He asks me."

I nod, "yeah I'm good, I'm so happy to be here." I tell him and he grins.

We spend the rest of the afternoon and into the evening like that, cuddling and kissing on the couch with some TV quiz shows on in the background, every now and then we'll pay attention to them and try to compete but then we get distracted with more kisses.

We have pizza for dinner, from a lovely little pizza shop on the Main Street, we walk down to collect it and even now, weeks later no p d bats an eyelid at Harry.

We take it back and eat at the table, I love all of the restaurants and take out places close by even more now, we usually get something nice every weekend, sometimes we do cook though, we only usually get one meal from a takeout place, usually on Saturday for dinner, our little routine has become almost set in stone.

After we finish dinner we clean up, I unpack when I need for tonight and then we pack up the hire car so that we can get up in the morning and leave early.

I'm so excited I feel like a kid at Christmas.