Chapter 14 - Aurora

I can't believe how many views I've got today! I think I'm in a bit of shock, I really didn't think many people would read my writing, but THANK YOU! Here's another update for tonight! Please vote or comment if you can! ☺️
Lx
***

The snow continues to fall, it's laying thickly on the ground, Harry and I have finished breakfast and are sat on the sofa's watching TV, an old episode of Friends is on, which turns out to be both of our favourites, we're laughing along when he announces that he thinks we should go out in the snow.

"Go out in the snow?" I ask.

"Yes! There's so much in the back garden, come on!" He laughs.

I look at him, laughing quietly, I glance out the window before I nod. "Okay! Let's do it." I grin and get up, hunting for my trainers by the doorway. I pull them on and then bundle myself into my winter coat that's been hanging on the coat hook.

I look at him and smile, "ready?"

He nods and heads for the back door, I follow him and go out, walking carefully down the steps. I stop in the middle of the garden and look up, the snow is coming down all around us, so heavily, snowflakes fall onto my face, my head and my shoulders, everywhere.

I smiled and turn slowly around, still looking up at the sky.

Until I'm pelted on the side of the head, a snowball sliding off my face, I look over at Harry, my eyes as wide as saucers, he's laughing and smirking at the same time as if that's even possible.

"You did not just throw a snowball at me."
I say, putting my hands on my hips.

"Oh...but I think I did." He smirks at me and bends, picking up more snow.

"Don't you dare!" I laugh and launch myself out of the way, scooping up my own snowball in my hand, my hand immediately feels cold, it's freezing in my palm, but it's not there long, I promptly chuck it at him, only a little bit skims his head, the rest flies over as he ducks and throws his snowball at me, hitting me on the leg as I try to dodge it.

"Ah! No!" I giggle, both of us quickly throwing snow at one another, he's got such a good arm it's so hard to dodge the snow, my clothes are already soaking, we haven't even been out ten minutes.

"Harry!" I yell when the snowball he's just thrown connects right with my nose, it hits me square in the face and by god it stings and hurts.

"Shit! I'm sorry!" He says, mildly seriously but still laughing, he comes over to me then, gently helping me wipe the snow from my face. "I didn't mean to hit your face, I swear..."

"Mhmm..." I said and playfully roll my eyes, as I reach up and squish a ball of snow right on his head, soaking his hair, he yelps slightly, at the coldness I assume.

"Fuck!" He yells and chuckles, shaking his head, the little snowflakes flying out of it.

He tilts his head down to look at me, moving a step closer, I brace myself for a snowball smooshed on my head or down my back but he surprises me by leaning down to press a kiss to my lips.

I'm a bit startled, I don't think I kiss him back at first, it wasn't what I was expecting but then I do, I kiss him softly, it's a soft and sweet kiss, his hand is gently on my hip, and then I yelp and jump away from him, wiggling and jumping on the spot as a big lump of snow falls down my back, he's slipped a snowball right down my clothes, it is so cold I could scream.

"No!" I shout playfully, shivering as I lift as much snow in my arms and fling it at Harry, most of it does hit him, but it doesn't affect him nearly as much as the snow down my back has done to me.

We continue for a few more minutes before he calls a truce, we're both soaked and freezing, my hands feel numb.

"Let's build a snowman!" I grin, "before we go inside!" I say.

We do just that, we roll two large snowballs as big as we can, I attempt to lift one on top of the other, but I can't get a grip of it, Harry helps and together we put it on, with the lady smaller ball going on for his head. I pick up some sticks and make his arms while Harry uses stones for his eyes and mouth.

"I don't have any carrots!" He laughs.

I frown, "poor guy has no nose." I laugh, looking around, finding a pinecone, "there! Perfect!" I giggle.

I put some more stones on his body, creating buttons and then I stand back and smile.

"I haven't made a snowman since I was a kid." Harry says as he stands beside me.

"I've made a few, one a few years ago when it snowed, I'm never very good." I laugh, my friend is so good, you should see her snow mean, she made a unicorn one year."

"Yeah? That's cute... I think ours is great. Does he have a name?"

"Hmm... I think he looks like a... Harry." I say and grin cheekily.

I watch him looking at me in mock shock before he nudges me with his hip, "Oi! Cheeky." He laughs and pinches my bum.

I squeal and dash away from him, grinning playfully as I head for the door.