Chapter 28 - Aurora

Here's today's chapter, I hope you enjoy!
Lx
***

I manage somehow to not spend the rest of our trip thinking about Harry, I do wallow a bit after bumping into him on that second day. But I'm in New York City, with my best friend for our birthdays, at the very least I can't ruin it for her, and I don't want to ruin it for myself.

We find a cute diner for lunch and order corn dogs and chilli fries, the most unhealthy lunch but the tastiest, we get the biggest milkshakes I have ever seen, they're so sweet but so nice, my sweet tooth is very happy.
After lunch we decide to spend the rest of the afternoon shopping before our next Broadway show that evening, retail therapy will help, I'm sure of it.

I'm still a little bit on edge as we peruse the shops later that day, especially the more expensive ones that we can't afford anything from but go into anyway, this is probably the type of places he shops at it. The places we can only window shop in, but we do have fun, making fun of the more ridiculous fashion that they sell.

Thankfully, I don't see him for the rest of the day, I do however get an Instagram follow request, no doubtably from a private profile of his, it's obviously him even though the name is StewNelson, he told me a few of the alias' he used to book things under or use when he did t want to draw any attention from his own name, and Stewart Nelson was one of them, and if I wasn't already convinced it was him, I look at the profile photo, the only photo I can get a glimpse of on his private page, it's of the Mourne Mountains, an artsy photo that he took back then, I feel like he's mocking me. I close my phone and put it away.

I buy a backpack style bag that I probably shouldn't, it's not the most expensive bag in the store but it's the most expensive bag I've ever bought. Emma grins at me and picks up the one she's been eyeing, mine is a blush pink backpack style, while hers is a proper handbag in glossy black snakeskin print, it's very her.

They are the biggest purchases we make, but not the only, we both go a bit wild in Victoria secret, I buy so many items of workout clothes for dance classes that my total is more than the bag I've just bought, but I keep telling myself in my head that they're worth it and we don't have a VS back home, I always justify spending on holiday for that exact reason we don't have the same shops back home. We buy some other things throughout the day, a pair of trainers that were on sale some cute tops and jeans and I buy a bucket load of American candy, my sweet tooth can't resist.

The next for days I forget about Harry Styles and I have the best time, seeing shows, going to museums, visiting tourist attractions and eating all the American foods we can fit in to our five day trip.

After the five days are over I'm sitting on the plane with a bag of gummy bears I bought with my left over change in the airport, I bought a few bags of sweets but the gummy bears looked so nice I had to open them now, we've only been in the air for thirty minutes and I've already checked Instagram at least four times, incase Harry's private profile has suddenly become public, but it hasn't.

"What are you doing?" Emma asks me, she thought it was strange when I bought the wifi for four hours of usage.

I look at her and sigh, we're sitting in a row for three passengers but it's only the two of us so we've cleared the middle seat to use for our things, like a little table. I keep setting my phone down and then picking it back up.

"Harry is trying to follow me on Instagram..." I tell her honestly, I haven't mentioned him since Central Park, I know she has probably been so curious.  And had many many question she wanted to ask.