Chapter 36 - Aurora

A little short update for now, my mouth is still hurrrrrting. Let me know what you think so far about the story, and what you think is to come!
Also 10k views, yay!
Lx
***

36

I'm trying hard to get used to the crutches, but truthfully I don't know if I'll ever get used to them, they are already hurting my hands, I need to make some padding or something. I let myself sit/fall down on my bed and lean them against the dresser beside it, hoping they balance and don't fall.

I look up at Harry hovering by the door. Was it stupid to have him sleep in here? Should I have just got him a blanket for the couch and let him sleep out there? Have I made this really weird?

But, I didn't want him to sleep out there, I want him to be comfortable and in a proper bed to get a proper sleep.

"How are you feeling?" He asks me from across the room.

"Sore, and tired. But I'm doing okay, and I'm glad to be back home." I reply, using my hairbrush to try and untangle the knots in my hair, I desperately need a bath, but I'm too tired for that right now.

He nods, "I am too. Glad that you're here I mean."

I smile and nod, "can you grab me some clean pyjamas? They're in the bottom drawer on the wardrobe." I tell him, "do you have anything to sleep in?" I ask as an after thought.

He grabs me a pair of pyjamas out, a pair of short ones, and then he shakes his head.

"I didn't bring anything with me, just my phone and stuff like that. No clothes."

I nod as I start to change, he turns away, looking at the pictures on my wall, giving me some privacy, I'd go to the bathroom but I don't want to use the crutches again.

"I have some really big T-shirts that with fit you, they're mine, not like remnants of any exes or anything... theres pyjama bottoms too that could fit, they'll be a bit short on you, but if you want...? You can try something... just to sleep in for now?"

"Em... I could have a look." He says, and goes to rummage in the drawer again. I get myself changed as quickly and gracefully as I can, "find anything?" I ask him once I'm down, putting my clothes down on the floor, I'll clean them up later.

"Uh, sort of..  there's some questionable pink pyjamas that I'm sure will fit." He laughs, "if I didn't stink I would not even be considering this... do you mind if I go wash up a bit in the bathroom?"

"No, of course not. Go ahead." I say and point to my little bathroom in the corner.

He comes back out dressed in a pair of pink pyjamas bottoms and a baggy tour tshirt from a Cher concert I went to with my mum last year, I bought the complete wrong size and never checked until I got home.

"I might steal this, I love Cher." He grins at me as I burst out laughing, he looks so ridiculous. The bottoms are so far up his legs, it's so funny, it's not something I ever thought I would see.

"You can have it, they give me a large, it's so big, I've worn it as a dress before." I tell him.

"Hm, hot." He smirks.

"Shut up!" I laugh and shimmy slightly until I can get under my covers, "are you getting in?" I ask him, wiggling my eyebrows playfully.

"Um...yes. As long as you're sure? I can still go crash on the couch." He says.

"No, Harry. Come on, we're just going to sleep. You're wrecked, the couch isn't comfortable enough for that." I tell him.

He nods and comes over, climbing into the spot beside me, pulling the covers up around him. He yawns straight away, and turns towards me, smiling sleepily. There's enough space in the bed for us to not even be touching.

"I really am glad you're okay..." he says quietly, "I was worried."

I nod, "I'm glad too..." I tell him, smiling softly at him.

"You get some sleep Mr, I'll see you in a few hours...or in the morning. Depending on how tired we really are." I giggle quietly.

He nods and smiles again, leaning over to kiss my cheek, "sleep tight, love."

I smile so fondly, I'm glad it's kind of dark in my room because I can feel my cheeks burning.

"Night Harry." I whisper back.