Chapter 9 - Aurora

By the time we get back to the house my legs feel like jelly, that hold really took it out of me, sitting down to eat food lulled me into a false hope. My muscles hurt so bad, oh my. I want to flop myself down onto the plump sofa and never get back up, but I also don't want to outstay my welcome.

"I guess I'll leave you to it...?" I say when we get to the door.

"What? No... you can't leave already...?"

"No...?"

"No, I'm sure you're still tired after that, rest for a bit before the drive back." He says with a smile, "I bought some drinks in, I got some non alcoholic wine and ciders? I figured because you're driving, you know? But there's proper wine if you wanted a glass..." he says, looking at me.

"Em..." I say as I think, I don't know, a glass of wind would be lovely, and one would affect my driving if I stayed until tonight, but... it's so far from home, I don't think I would even rush it for a half glass.

"Or you could stay, if you like... there's two extra bedrooms. It would save the drive home later..." he says, and wow I'm so tempted, I can tell he's watching me think this over.

"I really shouldn't..."

"Why not? Oh sorry, that's none of my business. It's completely up to you. But you're more than welcome to stay..." he smiles.

"Well... maybe I could. I don't have any plans tomorrow. Maybe we could have that glass of wine." I nod, it's honestly been ages since I've had a glass of wine or anything like that on a Saturday night.

"Okay, good... that's good. So a glass of wine and maybe some nibbles, with some trashy Saturday night TV?" He laughs, I laugh along with him as I nod my head.

"Do you mind if I nip out to my car to get something to change into?"

"Of course, that's fine. Do you keep clothes on your car?"

I immediately blush a bit, but then he laughs, he's joking. "They're in my dance bag... so technically yes." I laugh.

"Ah, I always have a spare tshirt in my car, at least. You never know when you'll need a change."

I nod, "that's true, that bag has totally saved me a few times."

I do just that, I grab the bag from my car and take it to the bathroom, I'm so glad I have a change with me, I put on some comfy leggings and a baggy sweatshirt. I fix my hair into w messy bun and wash my face a little, trying to keep my mascara intact.

I make my way back down the stairs to be met with a very large glass of wine and little bowls filled with nibbly food, crisps, sweets and chocolate, my favourite.

I sit down onto the plush sofa, sinking into the comfy cushion, I pick up my wine glass and smile over at Harry, "cheers." I say, with a slight grin before I take a sip, it's good wine, like really good wine.

"Cheers, love." He laughs and nod my way, taking quite a large gulp from his wine glass, he looks so sophisticated, I bet he does this way more than I do.

Harry flicks through the channels on the TV, have you ever watched this?" He asks, stopping on an episode of The Masked Singer, promise Saturday night television.

"Yeah." I tell him, "I watched it a bit last year when it was on, I haven't seen much of this years though." I add.

"My mum loves it, I haven't watched any." He says.

"No? It's good... it's fun trying to guess. You might be quite good at it, musical ear? Is that a thing?" I giggle.

"Hmm maybe, it can be." He laughs and gives me a nod, "do you want to watch it?"

I nod, "sure." I say and smile, getting even cosier in my corner of the sofa. We watch the entire thing and I think he might be hooked afterwards, and he correctly guessed who it was, Scary spice, imagine.

"I know my Spice Girls..." he jokes, grinning from ear to ear, "I need all the episodes right now, I want to know if my other guesses are right!" He says, "my mum is in her element that I was watching, I text the family group chat, they're so annoyed I got it right." He rambles a bit, looking so happy to be talking about his family, it's so cute.

"I'm still in shock. I did not think a Spice Girl would be on that show... would you ever go on?"

"Well...never say never." He laughs, "but it's not really my thing, but maybe it'd make my mum happy. But I wouldn't tell..." he grinned, "do you think you could guess me?"

"Hmm...depends on the clues, if I once climbed a mountain in Ireland with a random girl was one, I could maybe work it out." I say, laughing lightly, taking another sip of my wine, I think it's starting to go to my head already, honestly.

"Hmm, but you're not random to me, maybe to the audience." He says.

"No? I'm not a random girl to you?"

"No, love. This is our third time hanging out you know, definitely not random." He says, giving me a simple popping grin.