Chapter 6 - Aurora

I drove to Newcastle right after my class on Saturday morning, the traffic wasn't too heavy, it was winter season, the traffic wouldn't get heavy until around Easter, when the weather got better and people headed to the beach or for hikes in the Mournes.

I got there in just over an hour, I parked in the driveway of the Airbnb again, where I had done the first time I'd been here. There wasn't another car, I thought he would have hired a car by now, unless he was out...

I sat in my car for a few minutes, I was nervous for some reason, just all of a sudden nervous for today, going hiking with Harry Styles, it's honestly very bizarre.

I give myself a slight shake before I get out and walk up to the front door. I knock on the front door, it opens within seconds, Harry stands there smiling at me, dressed in sports leggings with shorts over the top, the same hoody he had on when we met and very bright yellow trainers, I notice them right away.

"Hi! You made it." He grins, he looks so genuinely happy to see me.

"Hey, yeah I did. Traffic was so light, it was a nice drive." He ushers me inside, closing the door behind me.

"How was work?" He asks.

"It was good, busy this morning..." I say.

"What is it that you do?" He asks, going to sit down in the spacious living room, it looks almost exactly the same, but more homely, like he's made it his own already.

"This morning I was teaching a dance class, a kids one. I teach a class on Saturday mornings and Wednesday evenings." I tell him.

He smiles at that, "I remember you liked to dance... so you did become a dance teacher, Hmm?"

"Sort of... just two classes, the rest of the week I work in an office, I do merchandising for a printing company, just ordering supplies and stock taking and doing orders... not as exciting as I'd imagined." I joke.

"That sounds good, love. I'm glad you still love dance though... the arts is great, all of them. Keeps you young!" He laughs.

"Yeah? Does your job keep you young?"

"Absolutely, young at art..." he says and chuckles loudly.

"Ah... funny." I muse, laughing along with him, "maybe one day I'll have more classes and be young forever." I joked. "Or it'll add years... and be wrinkly in my thirties..."

"No, no I don't think that at all, the reason your art keeps you young is because it's something you enjoy, although I'll admit it can be stressful at times, but I think if you're happy that's the best job in the world..."

"I guess you're right..." I hum.

"Always am." He grins cheekily at me, "I'm
joking, by the way..." he adds, still chuckling.

"Mhmm sure you are..." I smirk playfully, rolling my eyes.

"So... today? Plans? Just... go hike? Do we need anything specific?" He asks me, redirecting the topic of conversation.

"No, just good shoes and clothing, we're good to go." I tell him, "and water, I have mine in my backpack."

"I have a bottle chilling in the fridge." He says, going to grab it and put it in his bag.

"Can I use the bathroom before we leave?" I ask. I go quickly, use the toilet and wash up before I go back downstairs, he's already to go, his jacket and backpack on.

I put on my own jacket and sling my backpack on my back before we leave. I watch him glance around as we walk down the front steps, he looks everyday he can, I wonder if he's looking for anyone that might recognise him. He loosens up when we get to the footpath, I direct him down the path, the way to the bottom of the hikes. There's no one around, a few couples stroll along the other side of the road, but everywhere is relatively empty. It's strange seeing the place like this.

"How often do you come here?" He asks as we walk along in sync, just a stroll, there's no rush to be anywhere, it's so lovely.

"Not as often as I like, I used to come more but now it's only ever really in the summer I come down here, maybe now that I have the taste for it I'll be here more... as long as I don't pass out on the hike." I joke, "who knows if I'm still fit enough." I add.

"Oh I think you'll be just fine..." he says, "I think you should definitely come more often, it's beautiful here... I've loved being here. I've felt so relaxed, it's been lovely..." he says, as I try not to blush, why did I mention being fit at all?

"I'm really glad... it's a good place to relax."

He hums his agreement with me as we walk through the carpark that leads to the park at the entente to the mountain trails.