Chapter 8 -Aurora

Hi! I changed the name of this story and the cover, I hope you like it! I changed up the chapters a bit too!
I hope you enjoy this one! If you can, leave a little comment if you read!
Lx
***

It's so strange how much easier it is to get back down a mountain, it takes almost half the time it does to get up, and I don't pant nearly as much.

We reach the path that leads us back to the carpark, the very end of hike.

"Are you hungry?" Harry asks me, I nod right away, I feel like Ive burned off my whole breakfast and a lot more, my stomach feels empty, I'm surprised it isn't growling at me. It's mid afternoon now, it has been a while since I've eaten. He suggest getting some lunch.

"Yeah, that sounds really good. Do you want to get something to take back? Or sit in somewhere?" I'm not sure if he wants the rush of someone noticing him, although given his sparse the carpark is of cars, I'd say there isn't very many people in Newcastle at the minute.

"We can sit in somewhere? If you know of anywhere nice?"

I smile and point across the carpark, there's a really lovely restaurant, it's a wedding venue a lot of the time, but they had a pub at the back, it's not very good but they do amazing meals, the ultimate pub grub.

"Handy." He grins as he divert or direction a little bit, I really hope it's open, it usually is year round, for locals.

We're in luck, it is open and it's empty, only one older man sits at a table in the corner, nursing a pint of beer. We take a seat, smiling at the lady behind the bar, it's a sit anywhere you want kind of place.

I pick at table in the other corner, it's quite discreet, Harry sits facing me, his back to the door and the rest of the restaurant. The lady who I think is the owner because she's always here comes over straight away.

"Would you like menus or just drinks?"

"Menus please." Harry smiles, his smile is so charming I think I see her almost swoon, wow. And she hasn't recognised him, I didn't think she would honestly.

We both order fish and chips, it's so good I could eat another, but I don't, instead having a warm chocolate brownie for dessert, I'm full right down to my toes, it was so delicious.

Harry goes up to the bar ahead of me, as I put my jacket back on and gather my things, he's swiping his card when I approach from behind, Susan the lady behind your bar giving him the biggest grin. "You two have a lovely rest of your day now!" She says, the grim still there.

"Thank you, Susan. I'm sure we'll see you again soon!" He says and turns towards me, then directs me to the door.

"You didn't have to pay for mine too... that was very kind." I say.

"My tour guide, I owe you." He laughs.

"You don't at all, I'll pay you back sometime I'm sure..."

"No, I don't want that. My treat." He says, so genuinely. I nod and smile softly at him, we walk back down the street towards the place he's renting, the beach is on the other side, the tide is starting to come in, it looks beautiful.

"Do you like the beach?" Harry asks, when I glance his way he's looking right at me, "you haven't taken your eyes off it... I'm afraid your going to trip over and I'll have to catch you." He jokes, I'm so fond of his laugh, it's so pure.

"I love the water..." I hum, "the beach is so beautiful, but I hate laying out in the summer or anything like that, I'm the person constantly in the water of walking up and down..." I giggle.

"Not a sunbather, no?"

"No... not at all. I get bored so easily."

He laughs, "I like the water and stuff too, but I don't mind just relaxing on the beach or by the pool. I think maybe because I rarely have the chance to maybe?"

"Ah... yeah. I can imagine your schedule can get a bit hectic, I'm sure you deserve to sunbathe for a long time." I smile.

"With sunscreen of course." He grins, both of us laughing.

"Oh of course." I giggle, "unfortunately it's not the weather for sunbathing..."

"Or swimming..." he adds.

"Hmm I don't know... I'd still go in. I've been in the sea in colder weather." I laugh.

"Really?"

"Oh god yeah, we have done midnight dips and stuff before, not down here ever, but there's another beach closer to home that we would go to a lot, me and my friends..." I tell him, "it's fun, cold but fun, and none of us have ever got too sick... so it's a win win." I say and laugh happily at the memories.

"Is it skinny dipping?" He grins at me, this sly cheeky grin that pops out dimples in his cheeks.

"No! Oh my god no!" I laugh loudly, "not at all..."

"Never...?" That grin, it's still there.

"Never, I swear." I said, "we're not those type of friends... there was always clothes or at least swimsuits involved."

"Ah... a shame." Oh my gosh, my cheeks must be on fire, I can feel the blush right down to my neck.

"Why... have you?" I divert the question his way.

"Yep... several times." He grins even wider, I didn't think that was even possible. "Maybe we can go for a dip sometime... while I'm here."