Chapter 24 - Aurora

Thank you for all the love on the last chapter! Please keep commenting/voting. It makes me smile! Ha!
Lx
***

I stupidly try to call him that evening, after a long day of moping around in my pyjamas and crying on the sofa, I'm embarrassed to say that my mum has cuddled me and wiped my tears more than once today.

The call goes straight to voicemail, I don't know what else I expected honestly.

But now I feel stupid, there's going to be a missed call from me on his phone, I look desperate, he made himself very clear in his note. He's gone, I don't fit into his life.

I take myself to bed after that, I don't have work tomorrow, I'm still off for the next week as I cant take back my holiday days. Which means I have a whole week of wallowing alone in the house, instead of being on a road trip across the country.
I hate the idea of feeling sorry for myself but that's definitely what I'm doing right now.

My mums makes me my favourite dinner and a massive slice of chocolate cake that Katie had made for the cafe yesterday, it's delicious and it does make me smile, even if it's just for a second.

The entire night I keep checking my phone in case he's called back and I've somehow missed it even with my phone right beside me the whole time. But I don't get any calls at all, or any texts, never mind from Harry. I keep thinking that he'll have changed his mind and beg me for forgiveness, I probably would have forgave him too, but the more hours that go past the more bitter I feel, I'm starting to dislike him and then that dislike will turn to hate.

Who does this to someone?

He could have at least spoken to me, and treated me fairly, instead of leaving a stupid note. This is not a cute romance book if movie.

By the next morning after a fitful sleep I come to the conclusion that he's never calling, and that this really is it. I delete his number and every single picture I took of us, cute ones from our mountain hike and a couple of others from the last six weeks. I don't want to see them again.

After a few days I'm starting to feel better, I'm finally making the most of my week off and am meeting my best friend for a long walk around the forest, she has the cutest dog, I can already see the black and white blur race towards me when I step out of my car in the carpark, within seconds he's jumping up on me to get my attention and trying his best to lick anywhere he can reach, "hi buddy." I grin at him and scratch behind his ears.

Emma walks towards me at a much slower pace, I give her a quick hug when she's close enough and then we set off through the forest, Buddy is up ahead, Emma calls him if he goes too far and we can't see him anymore.

"So... how's things?" She asks me tentatively, I've told her I was dating a guy, she's knows his name but not anything else, I'm thankful that I didn't divulge too much.

"Ah...didn't work out." I tell her and feel a sense of pride at how nonchalant I'm being, which really I can feel the hurt ripple just on the surface.

"Oh Aurora, I'm sorry. That sucks." She pouts.

"It just wasn't meant to be... I'm okay." I tell her before she asks, I want to just drop the subject, she's good at that, she doesn't comment or ask anymore, she just nods and gives me a smile and tells me about work and her new small business of bath cosmetics, that's already doing so well. I love the idea of a job I can do at my own pace and on my own terms, and something creative like that is amazing, she has me agreeing to come join her if the sales keep up and she needs extra hands, the extra income with be nice honestly.

We do two whole loops of the forest because we're talking so much. By the time we get back to the carpark buddy is panting for a drink and so am I, thankfully I have water in my car. I hug Emma goodbye and then get in, taking a long drink.

I left my phone in the car, I didn't want the distraction of it, when I check it I gave a missed call and two text messages from a number I don't recognise, it's not a UK number, my heart does a little dance in my chest, it betrays me, I don't want the possibly of him to have this affect on me.

I check the texts and feel like I might throw up.

All I need to see is 'Mr Styles legal team' and 'NDA to sign.'

My phone shakes in my hands, I am angry. Really angry, how dare he not even a week later demand that I sign an NDA, I know what an NDA is, a non disclosure agreement. He thinks I'm going to go and blab to the media.

I am seething.

I find his number in my phone from when I called him on Sunday even and open a text message.

'How dare you ask me to sign an NDA, If I wanted to sell the story I would have done so by now. I thought you were different but you're not, I'm so fucking angry I wish I never met you. I won't be discussing anything with your legal team. You can tell them to leave me the fuck alone.' I send it angrily and immediately regret it, I sound like a child, but I do not care, this hurts more than him leaving.

I block his number then and the number of his legal team, if I never hear from him again it'll be too soon.

I drive home still feeling the anger bubbling, my mum is in the cafe so as soon as I get into my bedroom I break down and I cry, I feel so used, I gave him every part of me for 6 weeks and I thought he gave himself too, but now he wants to take it all away again and wants to make my memories properly of his legal team.

I wish I didn't feel quite so much, that I could just let it all go and call it a mistake.