Chapter 34 - Aurora

Double update today! Enjoy this little chapter!
Lx
***

I think I'm hallucinating, I heard voices and footsteps so I used up all the energy I had left to call out. To shout whatever I could, telling whoever it was that I was here.

But then Harry was in front of me and I was sure that I'd passed out and was dreaming or imaging them whole thing. There's no way he could be here, maybe I was just seeing things down, imagining him coming to rescue me.

But then the pain that shot through my leg made me scream, and surely you can't feel pain in a dream or if I'm imaging things, this amount of pain is real, my leg feels like it's on fire, it hurts so much. I am slumped against Harry's back and I cry out again, when he stands up I jostle, every tiny movement causes such a big amount of pain. He's carrying me now, my body aches but I can't tell him that.

"I'm so sorry Ror." He whispers, I can tell he's trying to be as gentle as he can, but there's not much he can do, it's hard to be gentle on a mountain.

I lay my head against his shoulder, I imagine I feel like a dead weight to him, my body feels so heavy, my eyes keep drifting shut, I want to thank them, I'm not even sure who the other person is, theres and another in front of us, leading the way, he gave me the water, but his face wasn't in focus.

"Stay with us Aurora." the other person says, but my eyes are closed, I really just want to sleep. I feel so tired.

I hear him talking on my phone, asking whoever he's talking to, to have an ambulance waiting for sure, I start to wonder if he's hurt abs then I realise it's for me. My leg, and my hand, and maybe anything else that needs fixed.

I must have passed out completely because the next thing I remember is waking up in a hospital bed, my mum suddenly appears beside me, she seems to be sobbing., there's tears on her cheeks.

"M...mum?" My throat hurts, god everything seems to hurt, I can feel a strange pain throughout my whole body, it's like a numb pain, it's so uncomfortable.

"Oh Aurora." My mum says and leans forward, using her hands to brush along my cheek, thankfully that doesn't hurt.

Suddenly Emma is right next to her, I don't remember seeing them, I was hurt up the mountain and then... Harry found me? I must be so confused. They weren't there.

"What's going on?" I croak.

"Do you remember Ror?" Emma asks me.

"I fell on the hike, I couldn't get up or walk... there was no one about. I was stuck up the mountain... and..." I don't know honestly, someone rescued me, maybe it was a team. But I really do think I saw Harry.

"Harry and Mike found you..." she finishes for me, Mike, that's who the other guy was, I couldn't see him properly, why was Harry with Mike?

"How...? What happened?"

"I sent him a message when no one could get through to you, to see if he's heard from you... when I told him what was going on he flew over, and came to help. He went straight up the mountain to find you, honestly we didn't think he would, but... he found you. And he carried you the whole way back down."

I look at her, my eyes and filled with tears, "he really did that?"

She nods, "yes... he's outside, with Mike... you've been out of it for quite a while, but everyone stayed. We all wanted to make sure you were okay."

I nod, and wince as it hurts a bit.

"How are you feeling, love?" My mums asks, there are still tears stains on her cheeks.

"I...hurt a bit. My body doesn't feel right, but I'm okay." I tell her.

She nods, "do you want anything? Is there anything you need?"

"Em... a drink? Please? Is there a shop?"

"There is love, I'll go." She nods.

"We can go... I'll send Harry in? If that's something you want?"

"...yes." I tell her.

They leave then and Harry enters my room straight away, he looks so tired and full of worry.

"Hi..." I whisper.

"Hi Ror." He says softly, coming over to the bedside.

"You saved me..." I say straight away, feeling so full of emotion.

"Well...Me and Mike, it was him too."

"Emma told me that you flew straight here, and that you carried me down, yourself. I...don't know how you found me Harry, but thank you." I say softly. "I was so scared..."

He looks at me sadly, "I was scared for you... I was so worried, I needed to find you. I went to the path we did, you said you always took that one, I just...hoped."

I nod, "I'm so glad you did, that was seriously brave off you."

"I just needed to find you, and make sure you were okay. How is your leg?"

"It's sore." I say and look down at the cast, it goes right up to my knee, "my whole body feels sore honestly."

He nods, "they said that could be with the cold, you were shivering so badly. I tried to be as quick as I could, to get you down. I was afraid of hurting you more though."

"You didn't." I tell him, "you did and amazing thing, I'll be thankful forever, and I'm sure my mum will too."

He smiled shyly, "you don't need to be, I just did what anyone would do."

"No Harry, you didn't at all. You went above and beyond. You saved my life." I tell him, honestly.

"You're important to me..." he says softly.