Chapter 44 - Aurora

Hi guys! I hope you're all still enjoying this book, and enjoy this chapter!
Lx
**

We get picked up outside the airport after security escort us out of the building, Harry keeps me so close to his side the entire time, walking with his head down slightly, I do the same, there isn't many people bothering us, but I can hear a few cameras clicking around us. I feel bad because I can't walk as quickly as him with this boot on, it's definitely slowing us down, thankfully he doesn't seem to mind.

"Are you okay?" He asks me when we get into the back of the waiting car, I'm a little out of breath, but otherwise I'm fine.

I nod, "yeah I'm fine, are you?"

He nods, "yeah... sorry it can be a bit hectic sometimes with me, you haven't Uh...really experienced that. I should have talked you through it a bit more."

"It's okay... I get it, people love you. They want to meet you and get pictures, or know what's going on in your life... I've seen some stuff online, I sort of know what to expect..."

He nods, "I...just don't want you to get scared off, it can be intense... the press can be brutal at times, and unfair. And the fans..."

I nod, "I'm not going to run anywhere. I think we've been through too much for me to get scared of some articles being written or some people I don't know to pick my looks apart or tell me I'm not worthy of you..."

He nods again, "I don't want to lose you, if you start to feel overwhelmed or something upsets you, please talk to me, okay? I know you're strong but it really can be tough, even for me... there's some nasty people who really love to say nasty shit, but just know none of it will ever be true..."

I give him a soft smile and squeeze his hand, "I promise baby, I love you... I know mostly what to expect. I'll be okay and if I'm not, I'll talk to you."

"Good." He says softly and lays a sweet kiss on my lips.

"So...how long until we get to your mums?"

"About half an hour, depending on the traffic." He tells me, glancing out the window.

"Ah, half an hour for me to panic then." I joke and grin at him.

He laughs, "there's absolutely no need to panic, stop that you."

"Mm meeting the fam is a big step."

"I've met yours..."

"Did you panic?" I ask.

"Nope, I'm great with parents." He winks, "only that last time, given the circumstances, but we were all panicking, so that was okay..."

I nod, "my mum really likes you, you won her over that very first day you got stuck in the cafe."

"I told you, I'm great with parents." He chuckles.

"Oh yeah? Have you had many meeting the parents experiences then?" I smirk at him.

"Not going there..." he laughs, "I'm joking, no honestly... a few, more so when I was younger."

I nod, "I've only met two boyfriends parents, one accidentally and they hated me and the other were very sweet, but their son was very boring." I laugh.

"Interesting, my mum is very sweet... I hope you don't find me boring." He chuckles.

"Absolutely not, you're the least boring person ever. I swear."

"Mm good." He grins, "why did the other parents hate you?"

"We bumped into them on a date, in Dublin... it was the most ridiculous coincidence, but the guy had lied and said he was working, they had this other girl they really wanted him to date and eventually marry, it was a daughter of their friends, but he didn't like her... and they didn't like me. At all. I honestly couldn't take their hostility in the end and broke up with him, he ended up marrying the other girl..."

"Shit, I bet that guy is miserable now." He says and can't help but laugh a bit.

"Probably..." I nod and laugh too.

"I promise my mum doesn't have some girl she's desperate for me to get with. I've told her loads about you, even back when we were first...together. I told her about you everything I called her. She likes you already, she's told me that."

I smile and blush a little, that's honestly so sweet, I'm only partly nervous, the other part is really excited to meet her.

The traffic isn't very heavy and we make it within half an hour, the car pulls up to a large house, at the front gate, there's so many trees I can barely see the house from here, Harry grabs both of our cases while I clamber out, being careful not to put too much weight on my booted.

"Holy shit, this is gorgeous!" I say as he leads me down the paths, the house is so beautiful, it's big and the garden out front is full of floors, the door is a gorgeous shade of purple, and I'm just in awe, it's the most amazing house in the countryside, it's quiet and peaceful.

"It is, isn't it? My mum loves it... I bought it for her my first year in the band, she's been here ever since."

"You are so, so sweet." I tell him.

The door swings open just before we make it right the way up the path, and there she is, his mum. She looks so much like him, she's beautiful and glamorous, my nerves come back again.

"Hi! Oh Aurora it's so lovely to meet you!" She grins and hugs me, taking those nerves right away with that one hug, shes so full of warmth, I hug her right back.

"It's so lovely to meet you too." I tell her, and mean it.

"Come on in, and get that food rested, I have the kettle one! Harry told me you like peppermint tea..." she smiles, I step inside and immediately feel so welcome.

"Oh and I'm Anne by the way, sorry I've just heard so much about you I feel like I already know you!" She laughs.

I nod, "I've heard a lot about you too." I smile, "you've raised a really great son..." I add and watch him smile shyly.

"Thank you, love. I think so too." She grins and pinches his cheek.