Chapter 26 - Aurora

Thanks for all the comments and votes! Please keep doing so if you can (:
Lx
***

The ironic thing is that when Harry's second album came out a year after our brief fling it was being labelled as an album all about some model he had been dating, or at least spending time with.

But the songs were all songs he penned on those six weeks in Newcastle, apart from a few, and there was Sunflower Vol 6, right in the middle of the album, the one I vividly remember, I wrote part of that song, yet no credit was given. I checked, I needed to check, but beside the track where it mentioned the writers, there was only Harry's name and some other guys, it made me mad. Which I know is ridiculous, but it did.

It made me even more mad when I listened to it and realised how good it actually was, it sounds almost identical to what he played me that day, just all finished and put together.

I didn't want to like his stupid music.

That was a lot of months ago now, for the most part I'm well and truly over my fling with Harry Styles, not necessarily forgotten, but it hurts a lot less to think about it.

I'm actually seeing someone else, it's very new but he seems nice enough, he's back at home while I'm... in New York City with my best friend, celebrating our birthdays which are quite close together, we only arrived yesterday morning, and have already ticked off the Empire State Building and a Broadway show, we're doing it right, squeezing as much in as possible so that we don't miss a thing, although I will admit that I am exhausted this morning, but in the best way. 

"Are you ready for another day in the Big Apple?" Emma asks me, doing a little happy dance in our hotel room, which looks out over Times Square, tight in the heart of New York tourism, I love it so much.

I nod enthusiastically, "yes!" I beam.

Our plan is to just walk around for a bit this morning, get some breakfast and walk through Central Park, which I am so excited about, we might even visit the little zoo that's in the park.

We leave our hotel room and grab a bagel and a drink on our way, it's such a lovely breakfast, it's not much so we'll definitely need more food soon, especially after a long walk. I smile so happily when we get to one of the many gates for Central Park, I throw away my rubbish, having already finished my breakfast, Emma does the same.

"Look at this place, Ems!" I beam, "it's beautiful!" I'm nearly knocked over by a guy jogging past, he's wearing a massive hoodie and a beanie hat, he must be boiling.

I watch him jog off a little too intently, whatever scent he's wearing takes me right back to that house in Newcastle, it's such a familiar scent that I don't even realise I've stopped.

"Hello? Aurora?" Emma is waving her hand in front of my eyes, clearly I've zoned out, I feel embarrassed about that.

"Sorry... just got distracted."

"By that guys ass?" She giggles and nudges me.

"Ha... no, no..." I say, honestly I barely even noticed what he looks like after I initially saw him, was too busy with the memories playing in my head.

"Sure sure." She says, I laugh and shake myself out of my thoughts and continue walking with her, we're already chatting about lunch plans, it will miss likely be an early lunch at this rate.

"I'd love tacos maybe... or a corndog, some very unhealthy and very American!" I grin.

"Oh yes! I'm sure we could find a cute diner maybe? And have some very greasy meals... I'm excited!" She laughs.

"Me too! There's so many places I...." I stop, the jogger has stopped a few steps from us, he's standing there like he's been waiting, because he has. He's been waiting for me.

"Aurora..." he says, I stare back at him, having stopped in my tracks again, Emma has stopped beside me and I can feel her looking between us.

"Aurora...hi..." he says again as if I hadn't heard him the first time.

I shake my head at him, "don't." I say and turn around, looking for any other path away from here, "Ems come on..." I tug on her bag strap, hoping that she follows along beside me just as quickly. I can tell she's confused but she hurries along beside me and hasn't said anything yet.

"Ror, please wait. Please." His voice is too close for my liking, he's following us.

"Harry stop!" I say, my voice much raised higher that usual.

I can still feel him following me, "Ror, I just want to talk."

"Why?!" I snap, stopping to look at him again, he looks so much... older. He's got so much stubble and his hat his hiding most of his face, he's almost unrecognisable, but you can still tell it's Harry Styles if you look close enough.

"I... I'm sorry Ror." He sighs.

I shake my head, "it's a bit late for that now."

I stare at him, I can feel Emma staring at me, but I ignore her for the minute, "please just leave me alone Harry."

He sighs, "I'd just like to... talk? Maybe we could go to lunch? Dinner?"

"Are you joking?! No, no we are not going to sit at lunch or dinner. No." I shake my head, "I don't want to talk to you, it's been a long time, we have nothing now... please just leave us alone, I'm on holiday... I just want to enjoy my holiday."

He sighs once again and tucks some pieces of hair that have fallen out under his beanie. "Okay... I'm sorry to bother you." He says softly, "I just wanted to say I'm sorry and that... I regret what I did. You deserved better than that." He looks so down, and so genuine but I just can't, I don't to hash up old feelings.

"Yes. I did." I say, "I'm...going to go now."

He nods this time and lets us walk away, without following us. I can practically hear Emma's thoughts, I know she is bursting to ask me questions.

"Harry was the guy...from two years ago, I don't know if you remember..." I tell her, "it...obviously didn't end well."

She looks at me, "holy shit..." she says, her eyes wide.

I nod, "I know... I'd rather not talk about it though. I'm sorry, I hope that's okay."

She nods, "of course, Ror. But I am here if you do want to talk."