Chapter 3 - Aurora

Thanks again for reading the first few chapters!
This is the time jump chapter to current/solo Harry, and hopefully where the story really starts!
Enjoy!
Lx
***

Now

My last hour in work always dragged, it felt like three more hours tacked on to my day, I'd never been so glad to lock at the clock and see it read three o'clock. The day was over, the working week was over and I now had a entire weekend to do nothing.

I gather my things, putting my coat on and zipping it right to the top, it had gotten so cold over the last few days, I always thought Christmas was the coldest time of the year, but it's the weeks after when the temperatures really decline, I wave goodbye to my colleagues as I leave, walking quickly to my car, I turn the heat right up as soon as I get in, sitting and waiting for a few minutes before I dare to drive, I don't function properly when I'm cold, I swear.

My phone dings from the passenger seat where I tossed my bag when I got in, I dig around and pull it out, tapping on a new message.

'Hi! Is this Aurora?' I read on the screen, I don't recognise the number, it's not saved in my phone. I reply to say that it is me, and ask who is texting. I set my phone back down while I start the car, warming the engine up.
My ringtone makes me jump a few seconds later, filling the car with loud music, I'm not into boring ringtones. I pick up the phone again and check the screen, see the same number was now calling me. I hate answering the phone to people I don't know, but I pick up anyway.

"Hello?" I answer, my voice friendly but questioning.

"Hi, Aurora yeah? Sorry, I'm surprised this is still your number." A male voice says down the line, I don't recognise it, it's deep and with an English accent.

"Sorry... who is this?" I ask as politely as I can, feeling a bit nervous now.

"Ah, it's em... Harry, we met a long time ago, I took your number back then, I never called, until now." His voice is filled with nerves that I can hear, I still have no idea who he is.

"I'm sorry I don't remember a Harry....?"

"It's Harry Styles." My mind stops then, Harry Styles, I did give him my number... but there's no way.

"Is this... a joke?" It has to be a joke, I bring the phone down from my ear and look at the screen, studying the numbers.

"No, no it's not. I swear. I'm sorry it's just... I just got to Belfast and I don't know anyone else that's here, it's a bit of a long story, but I just needed to get away for a bit, this was the first flight and I just ended up here." He says, he sound upset, a little.

"Okay... is there something you need? Are you okay?"

"I'm still at the airport, I didn't really think this through, I don't want anyone to know I'm here, I don't want to check into a hotel or anything, I was thinking of an Airbnb? If you know somewhere quiet and relaxing? Just for a couple of weeks?"

"Oh right, yeah yeah I can think of a few places, there's some really gorgeous coastal towns in Northern Ireland, they're a bit of a drive outside of the city, but they'll be quiet at this time of year. Somewhere like Bangor or Newcastle." I tell him, thinking a few of my favourite little beach my towns.

"They sound like they'd be perfect, are you em, are you busy right now...?" His voice goes so low, and he sighs loudly through the phone.

"I just got off work, so not really no, I guess not." I tell him.

"Oh... it's just... I was going to hire a car once I got here, but I had a couple of drinks at the airport and on the plane."

"Oh. So... you want me to pick you up? Or get you a taxi maybe?"

"Maybe not a taxi... I really don't want my location getting out, I know I've called you now, but I just didn't know what to do, I've been sat in the airport for nearly an hour now." He rambles a bit.

"That's okay... I can pick you up, are you at the city or international airport?"

"The city, the George Best one?"

"Yeah, that's okay. I won't be long then, that's not far from where I am. Can you meet me at the pick up point? Or do you need me to park in the carpark?"

"The pick up point should be fine. Can you text when you're there please?" He asks me politely.

"Yeah, of course. I'll text you when I'm outside."

"Thanks, Aurora."

I hang up then and pull out onto the road, somehow this is happening and it's not a joke, there's not doubt that was Harry's voice. I'm suddenly yanked back in time to that day in the cafe, how is it possible he still has my number, I'd assumed he'd just deleted it, that he had no intention of ever using it.

I'm suddenly filled with nerves as I make my way to the city airport.