Chapter 20 - Aurora

20

The snow eventually clears enough for me to be able to go home on Tuesday, part of me wishes there was still a blizzard going on and I'd have to stay longer, but life must go on...

I pack up the few things I actually had with me and take my dance bag down stairs, Harry looks sad too and that makes me feel even worse.

"I guess this is goodbye?" I say as I stand at the bottom of the stairs.

He nods, "yeah...goodbye for now." He says, smiling softly.

"It was so nice, honestly the best weekend I've had in such a long time."

"I agree." He nods, "maybe, if the weather isn't too bad you could come back on Saturday?" My stomach does a little flip when he asks that.

"You want me to come back? You'll still be here?"

"Yes and yes." He nods.

"Okay." I find myself saying, "it's half term this week, so there's no dance classes. Maybe I could come on Friday?" I suggest.

"Even better." He nods, smiling so happily, "Friday it is then, only three days to go..."

I laugh at that, that's so cute, a little countdown.

"Only three days, and then I'll be back." I hummed, moving further towards the door.

He nods, "come here..." he says softly and holds out his arms, I move into them and wrap my arms around his waist, giving him a tight hug.

I step back after a few minutes, the longest hug I think I've ever had.

I leave then, waving as I reach the bottom of the steps and get into my car. I beep my horn once as I drive off, he's still standing at the door waving at me.

I sigh as I drive out of sight, not able to see him. I drive down the Main Street, it's still early and not much is open yet, I turn left at the end, onto the road that leads to Belfast, home.

I know I'll see him again in a few days but I can't help but feel sad, I already feel like I miss him, which I know is weird and probably not right, but we spent the past three days together, barely ever being alone and I just love his company.

I wonder if he's feeling the same way, I doubt it... I think this is just a little crush that I have in him, and I don't think Harry Styles would have developed any sort of crush on me, that just doesn't seem likely.

I drive home in an almost trance, just thinking about the weekend just past and then one to come, I arrive home and am surprised to see the cafe, it feels like not even five minutes since I left Newcastle. I sigh again and grab my bag as I get out of the car and head in through the front door of the cafe, which is open today, there's no snow to be seen at all in Belfast now, so the streets are busy once again.

"Hi mum." I chime and kiss her cheek when I go through to the kitchen where she's waiting on something coming out of the griller.

"Oh hi, love!" She beans at me, "you're home!"

I nod, I know I'm pouting as well but I can't help it.

"You don't look happy to be home..." she says with a laugh.

"It's not that... it's just I loved the time away, Newcastle is my favourite, it was lovely." I tell her.

"Yeah... and Harry? Did he like it?"

"Em... yeah I think he likes it there, he's getting a lot of rest and stuff, he seems better than when I picked him up." I tell her.

She nods, "well that's good, I'm glad for him."

I nod, "me too." I say happily, "I'll see him again this weekend, he's staying for another while."

"You're going back?" She asks me, with a glint in her eye.

"Mhmm, I'll drive down on Friday night. It's half term so no work..."

"Ah, very nice. That sounds very good, love." She doesn't outright ask what's going on so I don't tell her, I'm honestly unsure and I'm not about to tell her that I slept with him, a few times...

I nod, "yeah, I'm looking forward to it, I don't think we'll be able to go up the mountains, the weather isn't great, but maybe we could go on a little sight seeing, to Murlough Bay or some places." I smile.

"You should do that, love. That sounds like a fun weekend." Shes hums.

I nod, "I think so too..."

The next few days seem to drag in, I find myself counting down every minute until I'm in Newcastle Harry.

'How's work? X' Harry texts me an hour before my shift ends, I've been scrolling through emails most of the day, it's been so dull.

'Boring, I can't wait for the day to be over. X' I reply.

'Yeah? That's crap. What time do you finish? X'

'In an hour, I'm leaving straight from work to come to Newcastle, if that's still okay? X'

'Of course it is. Can't wait to see you. X'

I smile at that, he is all I have been thinking about this week, 'Me either. Hopefully this hour goes by quickly.'

It doesn't, the hour drags by but eventually I get myself on the road, my bags are already in the back of the car, I packed last night, I'm glad I have more clothes with me, rather than just dancing clothes, getting stuck definitely wasn't in the plans last weekend. I made extra effort this morning before work, I curled my hair and put on a really cute little swing dress with some tights and boots, and it wasn't for the office staff...

I call in to a supermarket on the way and pick up a few drinks for us, some really nice flavoured ciders that I love, they're my favourite drinks and don't usually lead to drunkenness like wine usually does, I get a few of each flavour and then some crisps and dip, I ate all of his food last time, I feel like I need to repay him in some way.

I get there almost exactly hour after I left work, I park in the driveway and smiled to myself, feeling the usual butterflies in my tummy, he's already opened the door when I get out of the car, I look up at him and smile "hi..." I said waving sweetly.

"Hi, love. Come on in..." he welcomes.