Chapter 33 - Harry

Ah, sorry about the cliffhanger on the last chapter, I hope this one isn't as much of a cliffhanger!
Lx
***

'EmmaIrwin is trying to send you a message' pops up on my phone, Emma is Ror's friend, I recognise her name from being on Ror's page.

I groan slightly, is she going to call me out and tell me to leave Aurora alone.

I hope not.

'Have you heard from Aurora today?' That's not the message that I was expecting from her.

'Earlier yes, she hasn't replied since this afternoon though. Why?' I sit up straight, I'd been lounging on my couch watching TV, but I get a prickly feeling and I'm suddenly worried, why would she be asking me that?

'Her mum went to pick her up and couldn't find her, she went on a mountain hike today and we haven't seen or heard from her since. It's not like her, she asked Wendy to pick her up because she hasn't got her car, but wasn't there when Wendy got there'

Shit, this does not sound good. Where the hell is she?

'She was with a guy...?' I reply, wondering if anyone had got in contact with him, he sounded  like an idiot earlier.

'Yeah, he left her there. That's why Wendy was going to get her, they had a fight and he went home. She was coming back down the mountain when she called Wendy and she text me, but there's been nothing since and her phone is off when we try to call."

'Fuck, have you contacted the police?'

'Wendy called after she waited more that two hours, it's not like Aurora, but it's dark and they said they can't do much tonight, there's a local mountain rescue having a look now, but no one knows what way aye would have went.'

I can feel my heart beating in my chest, it's only six in the evening, it is dark but surely they can do something, I feel sick. This is not good.

'I'm going to come over.' I tell Emma, I don't know what use I can be, and it'll take me a few hours to get there, but I just need to go, I just have a feeling.

'Okay.' Emma replies right away, 'I'll keep you updated.'

'Thank you.'

I don't even pack a bag properly, I just grab my backpack and throw in my keys and a phone charger and my wallet and passport, I book a plane ticket in the back of an Uber on the way to the airport, the next available one I can get, thankfully it's in half an hour.

I can't get there quick enough, I wait for twenty minutes at the gate before I board the plane, I turn down a fan asking for a photo and only barely apologise, my head is not in it.

It takes two hours from the time I left my house in London to get here, I immediately jump in a taxi to take me to Newcastle and message Emma along the way to ask where they are, they've still not heard from Ror.

'Donard car park, we're in my car. Are you here?'

'Not yet, I've just left the airport, I'm in a taxi I'll be there in an hour.'