One Shot - 1 - Aurora

Hi guys, so I can't believe this story has hit 100k reads!
I've decided to do a couple of little One Shot chapters of their life and the bits not included in the story! Let me know what you think and what else you'd like a chapter on! (:
Lx
***

To say I'm terrified is an understatement, after years of marriage and trying to have a baby we've had no joy. Two miscarriages later and I was ready to give up, but Harry desperately wanted to try again. And I desperately wanted a baby of our own, I wanted to do it naturally.

So we did. We tried again and again.

And I'm late this month, and I can just tell that I'm pregnant, but I'm to afraid to do a test or tell Harry, I've been bottling it all up for a couple of days, which I know isn't fair on either of us.

He's due home from a work meeting any minute and he'll find me sitting on the bottom step of the stairs, with tears in my eyes and scared out of my wits, I really don't want to scare him like that so I pull myself up and go to the kitchen, surely a peppermint tea will help, I'll try anything to calm my nerves right now or just lull into the thought that's it calming me.

As soon as I sit down on one of the kitchen stools I hear the front door open and Harry's footsteps coming through the hallway.

"Ror?" He calls out, his voice happy and light, as usual. He's always so cheerful and loving when he gets home, I'm so damn lucky.

"In here..." I reply, and I imagine I sound as shaky and scared as I feel.

"Hey... what's wrong baby?" He says, coming straight towards me and wrapping me in a hug.

I can hide nothing from this man.

As soon as his arms go around me I break out in sobs, letting all the fear that I'm feeling just come right out. He holds me tight and let's me cry for what feels like hours, when in reality it's only a minute or so.

"Ror... what's wrong? What's going on?" He says, panic in his voice now.

I look up at him, my cheeks soaking with tears. "I... I think I'm pregnant." I tell him, and I hate myself for not being elated in this moment and full of happiness.

I'm just so scared, we've been here twice before.

He looks at me and holds my hips, gently squeezing, "okay... okay baby. That's okay, this is... what we wanted isn't it? I know it's scary and hard, but we'll be okay, yeah? Have you done a test?" He asks with the softest voice.

I shake my head, "not yet..."

"Okay, then let's do that first. Yeah baby? We'll do that and then we can book and appointment with Dr Rea, and she can help us, we can monitor things and do everything we can. We're ready for this, and I don't know why things have been so hard... but you are going to be the most amazing mummy, this little baby, our little baby will be so worth it."

I look at him and then sob again, I love him so fucking much. He knows exactly what to say.

I nod.

We have tests in the bathroom cabinet, from the long times of trying. So we head for the bathroom, Harry lifts out three tests. We're always so careful, and double, and triple check.

I do the tests, there's not a lot of privacy between us, especially through things like this so Harry stays right beside me. We set the tests on the counter and set a timer for five minutes.

It's the longest five minutes.

Harry holds my hands and leans down to kiss me lovingly, we just let our lips linger together for the longest time. Until the timer goes off.

I take the biggest breath and let it out in a shaky stream.

"Do you want me to look?" Harry asks.

"Yes..." I whisper, I can't do it myself so I stay seated on the edge of the bath tub.

I watch Harry look at the tests on the counter, my heart is beating so fast, I can't tell anything, he's just still, his back is only slightly moving with his breaths.

"They're all positive." He whispers when he turns around, "it says five to six weeks." He adds.

Six weeks is where we got to the last time, and a bit further the time before that. I wasn't expecting to be that far, I can't even calculate how late I am, maybe it's more than I realised.

"Wow..." I whisper, my hands shaking. Harry takes them both in his and squeezes them.

He doesn't say anything, he's just there holding my hands, I don't know how long we stay there before I gently stand up and kiss him, "I love you, and I love our baby. It's going to be okay this time..." I stammer out and watch him nod.

"It will baby, and even if it's not we'll get through it together. Whatever happens we'll be okay because we love each other so much..." he says and I nod through my tears.

"I love you more than anything..."

"And I love you more than anything too, my girl..." he hums, "let's go call Dr Rea, we can see if she can fit us in today, to give us both some piece of mind?"

I nod, I need that honestly.

We see the doctor that afternoon, and get a scan when we get there, she does some blood and tells us that everything looks good. The baby is about six weeks and is as heathy as can be, I can't stop crying throughout the entire appointment. I'm prescribed some vitamins and told you take it easy over the next few weeks especially.

Harry takes this so literally and barely lets me lift a finger for weeks, he does all of the cleaning, the cooking, the shopping and everything imaginable. While I stay on the side or in bed.

We make it twelve weeks and my little bump makes me incredibly happy. Harry can't keep his hands off it. It's the first time I've had a noticeable bump, I can't wait for it to get bigger and bigger, just knowing out little one is growing happily inside.

We haven't told a single soul, and aren't planning to do so for at least another week, just so that we can be totally sure.

"Mm I can't wait to feel kicks..." I hum as I sit between Harry's legs on the couch, both of our hands on my bump as we watch TV.

"I can't either..." he says and rubs his hand in circles, "our little man..."

We both are convinced it's a boy, like we can just feel him.

"Have you decided on any of the names...?" I ask him, we narrowed it down to a few already, I love them all so I've left it to him.

He nods, "Wyatt, I like Wyatt... Wyatt Robin Styles."

I feel myself tear up, we lost Harry's step father a few years ago and we both want to honour him with our first baby's middle name, and it works for a boy or a girl.

"I love that so much..." I say and repeat the name aloud.

"Me too, and I love you both... I can't wait to meet him and hold him. I hope he looks like you, my girl..."

I smile at that, "Mm a mix would be nice..." I reply and up to kiss him.