25- Indie

I stirred, groggily waking up next to Grey who was surprisingly sleeping still at the moment, I groaned softly at the full pain in my side, He probably stayed awake making sure I was okay until he couldn't stay awake any longer.

I do not know how I am gonna sit up by myself but I don't want to wake up Grey. I winced as I propped myself up on my elbows and slowly swung my legs over the bed, 'Fuck' I whispered to myself as I propped myself up onto my hands, my feet now touching the floor as I sat on the edge of the bed. I took a moment to just breathe my hand now gently holding my side, I was in and out last night as Dr. Stone worked on me, and I really thought I was going to die.

"Tatum?" I heard Grey mumbled and I looked over my shoulder as he sat up and looked at me.

"Hey," I smiled softly "Sorry, I was really trying not to wake you," I told him

He said nothing as he got up and walked over to me, settling his shirtless forum in front of me.
"Let me help you," He said ignoring my apology for waking him, as he grabbed my hands making me stand up. He lifted up my shirt, checking out the dressing on my side. I watched his face as his jaws clenched and he glared at the spot.

I set my hands on his biceps, grabbing his attention, "I'd like to take a shower,"

He nodded and led me to the shower, he helped me get undressed and stood outside the shower- tub, helping me wash my body and hair when needed, and soon enough I was done and he wrapped a towel around me, before helping me out of the tub and sitting me on the toilet seat.

"Stay here, let me get you clothes, and then I'll clean your wound and put a new dressing on for you," He said

I shook my head but stayed in place and soon he was done helping me.

"I am gonna go downstairs Grey," I said and brought him to me, kissing me softly.

"You need any help?" He asked worriedly.

"I think I can manage stairs on my own, I'm fine, you just get ready," I told him smiling softly before letting him be and slowly and very carefully making my way downstairs.

"Good morning Tatum how are you feeling?"  Daimeion greeted me, watching me carefully.

"Morning guys, I'm doing okay" I offered a small smile.

"what would you like for breakfast?" Jaycee asked me.

"um, cinnamon rolls?" I questioned

"OOoo good choice, I know we have some because Ace's fatass loves them."

"Hey leave me alone you dickhead" Ace said smacking Jaycee on the back of the head.

"Aye watch it, I'll beat your ass, Ace, now let me fix the lady her cinnamon rolls," Jaycee said twisting his wrist.

"OW OW OW okay OK!" Ace whined

Jaycee let him go and went to the fridge to get the cinnamon rolls.

"Ace, Parker, I need to tell you two something," I said gaining their attention.

"Alright, what's up?" Parker asked

"You know that guy who had me last night and shot me?" I asked them

"Yeah, we saw him and saw his dead body,"  Ace grunted at the memory.

"Yeah I hate I saw that happen, but uh he deserved it, um seeing as that was the reason I am afraid of most men. He was my abusive ex named Bryce, he had an alliance with my father and was supposed to kill me but obviously failed" I explained