•17• Talks

I woke up the next day sore as hell and hurting everywhere.

Nothing was heard in the house so I'm assuming Jordan and Lydia never came home I guess they both stayed the night with friends. I guess my dad decided to leave most likely getting wasted at a bar somewhere.

I pushed myself up off the floor and struggled to stand up but once I balanced on my feet I made my way upstairs and into my room.

I started stripping my clothes so I could take a hot shower to hopefully soothe my aching body but my phone started ringing.

My brother and sister, Dylan and Tyler don't have my new number yet so I bet it's Jaycee.

"Hello?"

"Tatum it's Jaycee how are you today?"

"I'm doing fine Jaycee I just woke up and was about to get in the shower."

"Okay, I won't keep you long, just wanted to ask if anything else happened, I know your dad woke up because I wasn't gonna kill him just yet." He spoke

"No nothing, I went straight to my room and to sleep, I think he left when he woke up so Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for checking on me" I assured

"Don't be lying to me Tatum."

I bite my cheek before answering.

"I'm not, I'm all good. Can I go take a shower now?"

"Yeah, Stay safe Tate."

"You too."  I told him and hung up.

I continued stripping and once I was completely naked I went to my bathroom and started the shower before getting in I took off my arm brace which I'm glad my dad avoided I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but either way I don't care I want this thing off as soon as possible.

After an hour-long hot shower, I finally decided I should get out, so I did and wrapped a towel around me and walked over to my sink to wash my face and brush my teeth after that I couldn't help but stare at the bruised hand print on my cheek and then open the towel to see my body, I don't know how long I was out for on the ground in the living room but long enough for the bruises to already be black, purple and blue some even and ugly yellow green color.

I covered myself back up and left the bathroom going to my closet to find something to wear, I picked out some black leggings and was about to grab a shirt when the backup phone I had rang.

I ran over to grab it and answer.

"Hello?" I question.

"Tatum, it's Chloe"

"Oh hey! what's up?"

"You busy? was wondering if you'd like to hang out?"

"Uh, no I'm not busy I was just getting ready for the day can you come pick me up right now?" I question

"uh yeah cool, send me your address I'll be right there!" she replied

"I will, by the way, I got a new phone so I'll text you from that and you save that and delete this number," I told her.

"bet, see you soon"