•16• Get out

"Not to pry or anything, but you seem kind of scared to go home is there a reason you don't want to go home?" Jaycee asked as he drove us back to their place.

"um no, I'm just not ready to go home," I said somewhat lying straight through my teeth.

"Are you sure?' he asked

I nodded not looking at him.

"Okay."

"is Grey bipolar?" I asked out of nowhere.

Jaycee chuckled and shook his head.

"No, he isn't why?"

"Well one minute he's nice you know but then the next he's stone cold and rude."

"He just has a hard time opening up and talking and showing certain things, you get used to it though it's just who he is and a part of getting close to him."

"Why are y'all protecting me, y'all could easily just have let those guys take me and do whatever they wanted?" I asked and shivered thinking about that night.

"I can't really say Boss's order and all, but I can tell you if it were any other girl we would've done the same thing, Grey may be mean and intimidating in a sense and he may be a gang leader, but one thing we all have in common is having absolutely no respect what so ever for a guy who disrespects a lady in any way, shape, or form." He explained

"oh okay."

We finally pulled up into the driveway and he got through security and parked in the garage. We got out and I silently followed him inside.

Grey was nowhere to be seen. The others seem to have cleaned up a little and seem to be alright no major injuries that I can see.

"I'm gonna go take a shower, you good?" Jaycee asked

"Yeah, I'm gonna actually try and find Grey to see if he'll let me talk to him," I said.

He nodded and left and I walked upstairs the way I would go to the guest room I've stayed in because his room is just down the hall from it.

"Grey?" I asked and knocked on his door.

"Grey, is it okay if I come in, can I talk to you? Please?" I asked hopefully.

"I'd rather you not." I heard him reply faintly, I sighed debating on if I should push him, but I really wanted to make sure he was okay and If he wanted me to open up, he'd have to open up to me.

"Please?" I question softly.

He sighed loudly and groaned.

"Don't scream when you walk in."

I walk in and when I see he's not in the bedroom I walk into his on-suite bathroom.

I gasped covering my mouth.

"Grey! you said you were fine!" I said eyeing his bleeding shoulder he was trying to dig a bullet out of.

"I am." He grunted.

"you have a bullet just below your shoulder, you are far from fine, sit down let me get it and I'll fix up your knuckles," I told him.

"No, its fine I've got it."

"No, stop you're gonna hurt yourself even more just let me-"

His eyes snapped to mine a burning fire in the depths of them as he said "Tatum I got it. Leave"

 I stopped in my place wondering if I should take the warning but I was stubborn and he's helped me so the least I can do is help him. "No." I huffed

"God why are you so difficult, I'm fine, I got it, leave I'm not asking again." He demanded