•13• Personal

We didn't make conversation again until he stopped at a small cliff overlooking a small waterfall.

"So what do you wanna know?" I asked, deciding to be the first to talk.

"Anything you're willing to tell me," he said and looked at me as he sat down on a rock.

"Uh I don't even know where to start" I shyly said

"Have you always lived here?" He asked me and I looked up to see him watching me intensely.

I shook my head and turned around.

"I moved here  from Italy maybe around a year ago now"

"Why did you leave? Did you want to leave?"

I sighed taking a deep breath.

"I don't want to talk about it, but no not really, especially because my best friend was there, her name was Indianna, I called her Indie though," I said and smiled to myself.

"Do you ever talk to her?"

I turned around to face him and sat on the ground.

"No, it's really messed up of me but when I moved I forgot her number and even if I did remember I still don't have a phone currently it's still lost" I replied

"That's not messed up of you it happens"

"It is too, we've been best friends since diapers," I said sadly

"Whatever so what else?"

"I'm 19, my favorite color is purple, my full name is Tatum Emery Jackson, my mom's dead and my dad's well he's my dad." I said catching myself before I told him about my dad.

"Why did you leave Italy?" He asked again.

"Because I had too." I stated and didn't explain any further.

"You know, it's really hard to get to know you, if you don't elaborate or if you continue to lie to me," He glared at me.

"We'll with you glaring at me, it's hard for me to open up, I barely know you and definitely don't trust you to tell you my whole life story," I glared back, standing up now.

He stood up and walked over to me with an intense glare he was sporting,  making me gulp, my body trembling the closer he got to me. I started to back up some more but he grabbed my good wrist stopping me from going anywhere, I froze his body just inches away from mine, his grip on my wrist tightening, but not enough to hurt me.

"You know I could have let you get shot in the park that night right?" He smirked

I didn't say anything as tears brimmed my eyes.

"I didn't though, I kept you safe, do you think you should pay me back?" He asked me, his eyes staring deep into my soul, the smirk growing wider on his face.

"How?" I squeaked out.

"By not lying to me"

"I'm sorry, but I'm just not comfortable telling you yet" I whispered looking down at a few of the tears I was trying to hold back escaped my eyes.

He let go of me and walked away, I heard him pace before he stopped and I glanced up to see him staring at me face void of emotion.

"What time is it?" I asked quietly.

"6:00" he gravely answered eyeing me suspiciously

"Can you take me back I'm hungry, I'd like to grab some food before my next class" I asked him quietly.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked offering me a hand up.

I refused his hand and walked in front of him.