•1• Greetings

"Mom! Dad?" I called out.

"Kitchen sweetheart!" I heard my mom reply.

I smiled and walked downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Good morning Mom! Morning dad!" I smiled and hugged them both, kissing their cheeks and them doing the same to me.

"Jordan at work?" I asked

"Yes, he said something about taking you training later?" Mom asked

"Oh yeah, after work and then after I'm done with him I was gonna go hang with Tyler and Dylan is that alright?" I asked them.

"Yeah. That's fine sweetie just be home by 7:00 we're gonna go out to eat tonight for Lydia's birthday!" Mom told me.

"Okay! No problem I'm guessing she's out with friends right now." I chuckled

"Of course when is your sister not out shopping!" Dad rolled his eyes and put his now empty plate he was eating from in the sink.

I laughed and smiled finishing my small breakfast.

"Alright let me get going before I'm late, I love you mom!" I said hugged her tightly.

"Be careful sweetie I love you more!"

"Bye dad I love you" I hugged him as well and he kissed my forehead.

"Enjoy your day honey"

"I will bye" I waved and walked out the door.

The fall fresh air hitting me like a train.

I took a deep breath happily and started my walk to work. It wasn't that far only two blocks away. So like maybe a 15-20 minute walk.

Someone takes me on certain days, but usually I just decide to walk.
Jordan will pick me up today though since he's gonna train me.

You see Jordan works at a building called S.D.A.
(Self defense awareness) that teaches self defense, and well I've always wanted to learn self defense especially after my last relationship. I shivered just thinking about it.

I don't like to relive it.
I shook my head to get out of my thoughts and realized I was just a minute or two away from my work.

It was a diner called fall leaves.

Stupid simple I know, but hey it's a nice, cute little diner!

"Good morning Mrs. Roma!" I said clocking in.

"Good morning sweetheart! How are you today?" She asked giving me a small hug.

I loved Mrs. Roma she was a sweet little old lady who I saw as a grandmother to me.

"I'm good! Thank you for asking! How about yourself?" I asked and put my apron on and started setting things up for the day.

"I'm still alive aren't I?" She said making me laugh.

That's how she always replied.

I shook my head with a smile and she left me to to tend to the customers.

Two other coworkers were here with me, I never really talk to them, they've never really tried to talk to me either, if we do talk it's about needing help with something going on in the diner, wether its customers or making something.

Customers slowly spilled in and I smiled and greeted them.

They found seats and my other two coworkers went to help as I stayed behind the counter.

"Hello pretty little lady!" I heard a deep voice say.

I turned around and came face to face with a guy in his late 50's it looks like.