•21• Four

Stretching I fluttered my eyes open and looked around, I noticed Grey was no longer beside me and it was now almost 1:30 in the afternoon and I was starving. 

I got up and descended the stairs slowly and heard voices coming from the living room.

"Well, well well if it isn't sleeping beauty herself," Daimeion said as I walked into the living room.

I blushed and glanced down at my feet.

"How are you feeling?" Grey asked coming up to me.

"Rested, just really hungry I haven't eaten since 9:00" I answered.

He nodded and gently grabbed my hand.

"Boys we're gonna go get food fend for yourself here we'll be back later," Grey said and gently pulled me behind him to the garage.

"Chick-fil-A?" I asked excitedly.

"Of course" He chuckled.

I smiled and got in the challenger after he opened my door for me and then shut it, I buckled up and he got in doing the same and starting the engine.

I messed with the radio and hummed to a song I liked when it came on as he drove.

"Tatum, if your dad is home, what do you want me to tell the policeman when they ask what you wanna do with him?" Grey asked grabbing my attention.

"I'd prefer him to go to a mental institution, he'll get more help there, I'm afraid if he goes to jail it wouldn't end well," I told him honestly.

He nodded and grabbed my hand gently in his brought it up to his lips and kissed it.

"Sounds alright to me I guess," He said making me chuckle, I know he prefers me to let him kill him, but if there's even a chance of me at least having one of my parents back I have to try.

"Grey?"

"Hmm"

"Do you um do you like me?" I asked stupidly.

He turns and glances at me with a stupid smirk on his face.

"Well isn't it obvious by now that yes I have feelings for you" he admitted

"Really? I mean yes but with your outburst I just thought maybe it was a mistake and you really didn't mean it" I frowned

"I meant it, trust me, but I'm complicated, I don't like that you've already been through enough and I'm bringing you into a world that's just as dangerous if not more," he said his face void of emotions now.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" I asked

"We'll talk in detail some other time, now do you want the same thing as last time?" He asked as we pulled into the Chick-fil-A la drive-thru.

"Yes please!" I replied.

"Hi welcome to Chick-fil-A, what can I get for you today?" A man on the speaker sounded

"Can I just get a Grilled club meal with a side salad and to drink a coke, and also your 8ct regular nuggets with a fruit cup and a sweet tea," He ordered

"Fruit cup?" I asked

"You need a healthy side" He shrugged

"Whatever," I said. I really didn't mind I do like fruit so I'll eat it.

We pulled up to the window and he paid and then we got our food and I had never been so excited to eat I swear.

First I took a sip of my tea and then got out my chicken and took a bite.
Making Grey chuckle.