35- Bastard

"I'm pregnant." I whisper

Grey was silent for I don't know how long before I looked at him.

He was looking down.

"He said that this was his last threat to me, that I could live a perfect life, but he'll be watching and that this kid
Can one day take over his gang. He said that he'll always come back for me and this way I wouldn't forget." I choked on my sobs.

He stands up and runs a hand over his face while the other clenches and unclenches.

"Emery Grey Hudson, I love you!" I whisper

He looks down at me.
He comes over and picks me up and lays me back on the bed, covering me up.

"I am not mad at you flower, I just need a moment before I go ballistic on any innocent person here, I'm here for you and I'll be here for this baby okay, and Tatum Emery Jackson I love you!" He said and kisses me on the forehead and then a small kiss on the lips.

"Let me go punch a few things to calm myself down and I'll be back to talk things through with you okay, I love you flower, I do!" He told me.

"Don't break your hands please!" I chuckled and let him go.

I feel a little better after getting that off my chest to him and tried to relax.

A knock sounds on the door and the doctor comes back in.

"Mrs. Jackson, if you are up to it now I just wanted to check in on you, see how you were doing?"

"I'm feeling better, though I could use something to eat and I was wondering if I could get up and walk around my mom is here and my friend and her mom, can I see them?" I asked

"Yeah we can get you some dinner and yeah you can visit them no problem." He smiled

"Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? They may seem personal but it's for your file and I'd send them to an obgyn back in your home state, I see that your not from here, do you have one in mind you'd like to start going too?" He asked

"Oh um-" I was about to agree but the door opening and Grey walking back in distracted me.

I looked to his hands immediately to see them cracked open a little but not to bad he must of washed his hands before coming back in.

I smiled at him before continuing to say what I was going to- to the doctor as Grey sat down in the chair next to the hospital bed and held my hand.

"Sorry yeah I have one in mind" I said and gave him a name to an obgyn.

"Okay, what about a hospital to give birth at?" He asked

I gave an answer to that as well.

"Okay, and I'm sorry like I said some of these may be personal but it is needed to document in your patient file, so what's the name of the father?" He asked

I sucked in a breath but quickly smiled and squeezed Grey's hand.

"Grey Hudson" I told him and looked to Grey.

He nodded at me with a hint of a smile.

"Okay and this is the first baby?"

"Yes"

He asked me a few more questions before thanking us for our time and telling me he'd fax this over as a new patient file to the obgyn I gave him and left us alone.

"This may not have gone how we wanted it to, but Bryce certainly doesn't plan on being around to raise this baby with me, so you are the dad, anyone can be a father Grey but it takes a man to be a dad." I smiled at him.