+the bet

'bet you won't be able to not criticise me for a whole week,'
'if I don't?'
'I pay you 50 dollars,'
'If I do?'
'every insult you pay me five bucks,'
'bet I'm broke,'

Today was the first day,

The first day of the stupid challenge me and Johnny had started. I was quite confident I would achieve it because like I said I was broke. I walked into school walking straight towards my locker which was coincidently next to Johnny's.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion because he wasn't there next to me, he always is. I pushed the thought to the back of my brain opening my locker, slinging my back to the front so I could unpack my books.

Just then strings of confetti were thrown onto my face. My eyes widened closing shut at the sudden prank. I let go of my beg,luckily it still hung on my shoulder. I held my hands up in defence.

I opened my eyes only when I heard laughter. I turned around my face, a mask of fury, because I had to clean this stupid mess up. The green eyed boy was bent over clutching his stomach laughing.

I walked up to him, hitting him on the shoulder.'Johnny you dic-,' I cut myself off the conversation from yesterday and the bet all flooding back. I let out a breath. 'Johnny,' I breathed out,'thanks for that lovely surprise,' I smiled at him.

He widened his eyes amused, raising an eyebrow.
'didn't think you would manage to contain yourself Ziegler, impressive,' he said walking next to me helping me pick up the strands of colourful paper.I looked up to him realising how close we were because we were both knelt on the floor.

My breathing hitched, he was my best friend, but that doesn't mean my body wouldn't react the way it normally would to him just like it would to any other boy. He must have realised to because instead of blushing, he smirked.I glanced down ignoring his gaze, busying myself by picking up the confetti.

'What can I say I'm full of surprises,' I mumbled back standing up.He let out a laugh and mocked my actions following me to the nearest trash can.I dumped my fist worth of paper into the bin and turned around so I could continue my unpacking.

That's when I felt his pair of hands grip my waist and spin me around. My bag falling onto the ground. I came face to face with the green eyed boy. Our nose practically touching because of how close we were.

'kiss me,' he said simply. My face scrunched up in disgust even though deep down I knew I wanted it.
'kiss me or I will take it as an insult and you have to pay me 5 bucks,' he said smirking wickedly. I grinned. Let's fight fire with fire.

I smashed my lips onto his, he probably was taken aback because he stumbled backwards.Once he had regained himself, his hands made their way to my lower back. One of his hand trailing higher and higher till it was near the level of my jaw.

He caressed it lightly as I hooked my arms around his neck, moving closer to him so our body's were pressed together. He pulled away, I was dazed. I couldn't believe that what I had been wanting for so many years managed to happen just because of a stupid bet.

He had that same stupid smirk on his face. We hadn't pulled away, our body's still tightly wrapped together. Just our faces moved back.
'bet you liked it,' He said rubbing his hand that was in my lower back up and down.
'bet that was the whole purpose of this entire bet,' I said mocking my head to the side smiling.
'you kissed me, you could have just paid the five bucks,' he said mirroring my smile.
'I told you I'm broke,' I said my breath fanning his face.
'yea right,' he said rolling his eyes playfully. I laughed to myself before admitting something I would have never thought I would have done.