-coffee shop 2

here's a part two because many of u wanted it  :) sorry it took so long I had to finish algebra 😭

mackenzie leaned against the cold table top at the coffee shop. she shut her eyes for a bit but she knew it wouldn't be a long slumber for the sun was already rising.

she heard the bell of the door ring and she gazed up lazily. she saw a middle aged man who was always here for his morning cup of coffee.

'kenzie,' he said sending her a warm smile.

'hey!' she greeted,'your usual?'

'yep of course,' he hummed.

she scurried away to get his coffee. once again the door opened and this time a familiar dirty blonde walked in.

'hey johnny,' she grinned at him.

'hey kenz,' he said returning her warm smile.

'your usual aswell?' she asked him as she placed the tall coffee cup infront of the black haired male.

'thank you I will see you tomorrow kenz,' he said as he walked out. she waved at him and he returned  her gesture.

'so how was your night?' he asked chuckling.

'fine no one came in and i was all alone,' she said smiling as she grabbed the coffee cup and held against the coffee dispenser.

the brown liquid poured swiftly into the cup, while the foam sat at the top. she closed the coffee cup and slid it into his hands.

'ready to go?' he asked as he slipped some notes towards her.

'mhm it's on me,' she said smiling as she pushed his money back.

'no I couldn't let you,' he said as he frowned and pushed it forward again.

'no no it's fine john,' she said shacking her head aggressively,' just let me pay,'

he sighed and nodded. the girl removed her apron as she saw a blonde walk in.

'i'll take it from hear kenz,' the blonde said grinning.

'thank brynn text me if you need anything,' she said as she slipped out with johnny.

'okay let's get us to school,' johnny said. the pair walked out of the coffee shop.

as the two walked into a different coffee shop after school, nowhere near perfect as 'brookes coffee,' though, they had their hand tightly intertwined.

she wore a simple plaited skirt with a crop top. he wore jeans with a plain t-shirt.

'so what's up with you?' he asked her as they took a seat at a circular brown table.

'nothing really,' she said smiling.

'kenz,' he sighed, 'you have to be honest with me,'

'sorry,' she mumbled,'don't really like talking about my life,'

'mack,' he said.'im not forcing you into telling me anything,'

'i just want to know if your okay, and if I can help with anything,' he continued.

'it might be a lot j,' she muttered.

'what is it?' he asked.

'money,' she stated. he frowned at her answer, it wasn't what he was expecting at all.

'i can't carry on working 12 hours and not having sleep for a week john it's impossible,' she rambled 'seriously if you gave me a bed I would be asleep within seconds,'