> kiss me

the atmosphere was toxic. it smelt of alcohol and teenagers. kenzie couldn't bare it, her nose threatened to fall of if she inhaled one more time. she didn't blame it, the room was packed with people. the music was uncontrollably blasting like there was no tomorrow, deafening her ear drunks. she was dressed in a white dress, that reached to the rim of her knees. her hair was curled and bopped on her shoulders. she looked stunning— to say the least.

"kenzie!" jules, her best friend, exclaimed.

kenzie, lost in her thoughts, snapped her head behind. she eyed the crowd, trying to find the mess of brown hair but failed. she squinted, the crowd blurring and her eyes focusing on the source. people were dancing around her, clashing into her with drinks and their partners. she had no idea how she had ended up here, but she was here.

"where the hell are you?" she hummed, under her breath.

"kenzie!" the same voice called.

her head whipped to the right and as expected she found her best friends. she clamped her hands to her sides and pushed her way through the crowd, mumbling apologies. the minute she escaped from the bustle of people, she let out a sigh of relief.

"remind me not to come to an orlando party ever again," she said, glancing at her best friend pointedly.

jules laughed and grabbed her hand, "they are playing spin the bottle,"

"i'm not kissing anyone," kenzie said instantly, clamping her free hand over her lips.

"oh come on," jules said, "it's with a couple of people,"

"including?" kenzie asked, raising her eyebrow.

"johnny,lauren,hayden,noah," jules recited.

"i'm not kissing orlando," kenzie scoffed, "im not playing a game with that...prick,"

"there's no way the bottle will land on him — the worse person you could kiss is me! just join," jules persuaded.

they were near the start of the stairs. one flight reached upwards, probably leading to their rooms and the other descended downwards into the basement. it was the only carpeted land where there weren't a group of people.

"i think you would be a great kisser," kenzie began but paused when jules gave her a look — the look. she huffed heavily, "fine, fine. you owe me though,"

"great!" jules jumped, clapping her hands together and then dragging the pair of them downstairs.

the instant they reached the basement, kenzie felt safe. there were a limited amount of people there and it didn't smell nearly as bad as it did upstairs. there wasn't a cup of alcohol visible. it was silent with a hint of chatter erupting from the group of people that sat in a circle. there were two empty spots, which were probably there for the arriving guests.

"got her," jules announced taking a sit next to a blonde haired girl.

"forced me here," kenzie corrected, sitting beside her.

they were all sat down on the floor. kenize besides jules and another curly headed boy. her eyes flickered around the group, identifying each one of them.