> hand

The gloomy blanket of stars, commonly known as night, fell over the quiet town. Lights flickered off and music dimmed in a snap. The town was as silent as ever and the only occasional chirp of a cricket echoed. In a house, far away from the last house in Oakville Street, a girl sulked against a couch. Her eyes narrowed, her lips turning into a horrid scowl. Her hair was a bird's nest - definitely not a sight for sore eyes. Her lips were dry and her hands were frail. Her brown eyes held no emotion, just pure misery.

"Where are you?" She whispered harshly, "Don't stand me up Orlando,"

Right as her words escaped her lips, she heard the rumble of an engine outside. Her scowl loosened and her eyes illuminated slightly. Just as she had expected, the handle of her door began to rattle. She let out a low chuckle and stood up, moving towards the door,

"You think I would leave the door open?" She asked and pulled the door open, "You think I'm welcoming you into my house?'

"Just open the door," His voice echoed, "It's not me who invited myself to your house,"

"It's not me who invited myself to your house," She mocked, shaking her head, "Well it's not me who bribed a girl into this,"

"Just open the door," he whispered.

She rolled her eyes, tugging it towards herself. It revealed a taller boy. Eyes dull and hair fluffy. His jawline was chiseled. He was dressed in jeans and a green sweatshirt. His hands were tucked in his pocket and he wore a grimm expression.

"Follow me," he said, his eyes raking up and down her body.

She scoffed and pulled on her boots. Not a word left her mouth, but grunts and groans did. Her feet heavily smashed against the ground, her anger flowing through her footsteps. He walked in front of her, looking back occasionally to see whether she was still there. He stopped suddenly, at the edge of the cliff. It overlooked the town and they had for a good twenty minutes. He looked back as she approached him. Her stomps still louder than his panting. His eyes glimmered with amusement.

"You hitting the earth?" He asked with a laugh.

"Shut up Orlando. Why are we here? You owe me a ride back to my house," She snapped.

"Relax," He chuckled, "I'll drive you back tonight, but you owe me a little something,"

"I don't owe you anything Johnny," She whispered.

"Correction, you don't owe my dad anything. You owe me a hand in marriage," He smiled, teeth sparkling under the moonlight.

adios amigos
i baaaaack
i'm logging of tonight and coming back on jul 14 besties <3