> virgin

the wind swept through her window as a dirty blonde boy stepped into her room. he watched as she stuffed something into her bag and spun around to face him. she smiled brightly and flung her arms around his neck to greet him with a warm hug.

he chuckled and pushed her away, "school?"

she scrunched you her face instantly, "do i have a choice?"

"no..." he trailed off. he entangled their hands together and pulled them downstairs. they were greeted by melissa.

"there's my favourite best friends! soon to be couple!" she announced with a laugh.

"mum, we are just friends," kenzie groaned, "don't start again,"

"sure you are," she chuckled with a teasing wink, "now hurry on to school  before you get late,"

the pair walked to school, talking about literally anything. they were best friends and had been for years. they had an undeniable bond that not many had. anyone from a distance would think they were a couple but as she would say — they were just friends.

all their friends and family would tease the pair, continuously hinting that they should just date. neither listened.

they arrived at school. kenzie left john at his lockers since she had her first period alone.

"kenz! i have football practice at lunch, come watch?" he asked, a faint smile on his lips.

"have i ever missed your practices?" she asked, her lips curling. he chuckled and smiled, "see you,"

he waved at her and watched as her shadow disappeared as she entered a classroom.

it was a thing between them that she watched every practice he had. he loved when she was there and she loved admiring him.

they were friends. but she couldn't deny that he was attractive. he had messy blonde hair that usually shielded his eyes and emerald eyes that she would get lost in.

he was the same. he was head over heels for her but he didn't realise. he noticed everything about her ; how she bit her nails when she was nervous or how her eyes glittered excitedly when she was enjoying something

they were perfect for each other. everyone but them could see it.

kenzie tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears while she walked towards the field. she had been watching them for the past half and hour and johnny and his team mates were currently changing out of their sweaty jerseys.

she knocked on the door of the changin room, silently slipping in. however, what she heard made her halt near the door.

"dude, did you hear," a voice began, "ziegler's a virgin,"

"she is?" another one asked, "doesn't she hangout with you johnny? haven't you, you know, done it with her?"

she knew those voices only too well. ashton and isaak. they were arseholes but they're were on the team because of their so called "talent".

"ziegler's actually a virgin?" ashton asked in shock, "she's hot as shit, you'd think she lost it already,"

"she is really hot. johnny, if you don't want her can i have her?" isaak asked.

kenzie was furious. not only were they discussing something she was insecure about but they were also talking about her as if she was a thing.

and johnny wasn't doing anything about it.

"what the hell?" she exclaimed as she walked into the changing room. instantly, both the boys came into view. johnny was near them glaring at them.