2;4

It's brother versus brother in the war of the Water Tribes. Kitty suspected that their uncle was up to no good, and After Korra discovered that Chief Unalaq betrayed her and her father, she turned against him, sparking civil war. The Southern rebels rallied around Tonraq, but they are vastly outnumbered, so Korra is headed to Republic City to seek aid. But will she be able to convince President Raiko to send troops to help the south? Will Kitty and Korra's relationship ever be the same?

...

It feels good to be home. I love the south, but I've really missed the city. Especially now that the south has been taken over by Unalaq and his troops. It sucks that I had to leave my mother though. She was the only thing I really enjoyed about going back. You would think I'd say the same about my boyfriend, but nope. I'm actually really happy that he came back with us to the city, so now I can get a break from him. I can focus on this and he can focus on whatever he needs, too.

As for Korra and I? We're not too buddy buddy right now, but we are mature enough, at least I am, to understand that the fate of, not just my homeland, but the world. This situation is much more important than our relationship right now.

Even though we busted him out, I'm still upset about my father being thrown into prison. I still blame Korra, but no matter what, I promise to always have her back. So whatever she's going to do to get Unalaq under control, I'm with her.

"Welcome home, Avatar," Lin welcomes my sister stiffly. "Thanks for starting a war."

"I didn't start a war."

"You did," I butt in.

"Well I did, but it's more complicated than you're making it seem," Korra answers as she side eyes me.

It's actually not that complicated. My uncle told her to jump, and she said 'how high?' Simple.

"Mako, Kitty," Lin says to the two of us, "I want you back on the beat. There's going to be a Southern Water Tribe peace march tonight. I need you there to make sure things don't get out of hand."

"I'm all yours," Mako says.

"Me, too!" I answer.

"I'll go, too! The people of the south need to see that the Avatar is on their side in the fight against the northern invaders," Korra says strongly.

"Great, that should calm them down," Lin says as she walks off.

"Maybe you should sit this out," Mako says to my sister.

"What?"

"I just think having you there blatantly supporting one side will only make things worse. You could at least try to seem neutral."

"I'm not neutral! The north invaded my home. The only reason I'm here is to get the Republic to send troops to help the south."

"That's funny," I mutter sarcastically. "You were on both sides about a week ago."

"That's enough!" Mako says sternly. "We don't need you two bickering again, we got enough of that on the ride back here."

He's one to talk, but whatever.

"Zhu Li's already scheduled a meeting for us with President Raiko tomorrow. We'll get them on board," Varrick pops up.

"Whatever, I gotta go to work."

"Me, too," I agree with Mako and we make our way to the station.

"Hey!" I hear a voice shout from behind.

Von.

"Yes?" I ask him.

"Where are you going? I thought we were going to hang out."