4;15

Before you read,

You guys, you did it! 20k reads, are you serious?! I'm so happy I could cry. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much! You guys are all so wonderful, and this means so much to me!

...

The Earth Empire has invaded the United Republic! After Kuvira demonstrated the power of her spirit energy weapon, President Raiko surrendered the city, but the Avatar refused to give up without a fight. Korra held Baatar Jr. hostage, hoping to force Kuvira to back down, but the plan failed and she fired on Team Avatar's hideout. Can anything or anyone stop Kuvira and her mecha giant?
...

Ok, so I'm not dead.

I'm alive, what a breath of fresh air. We're all alive, I can't believe we're alive! It's not like I was scared or anything. In all honesty, I'm more afraid of my friends or my sister dying than I am myself. Maybe it's because I have died before, or maybe because I love them so much that I wouldn't know what to do with myself if something were to happen to any of them- maybe both.

It's a good thing we have Korra and Bolin. Without them, we would've been killed by Kuvira's spirit weapon and buried under a ton of rubble! Bolin strains to bend the fallen building off the ground. The rest of us run out into the open.

"Go ahead, take your time," Bolin says. "Just bending a giant wall! Man, have we got a lot of people hurt!"

He's right. Even with Korra and Bolin protecting us, a lot of us weren't so lucky. Baatar Jr. is unconscious! We're alive, but if too many of us are hurt, this plan will fail.

"Good job, Bolin!" I tell him.

He gives me a tired smile and drops the huge slab of concrete, throwing himself out of its way as it crashes back down. Tenzin hurriedly returns to us as we all stand in a crater waiting for our next move. I try to stay calm in situations like these, but I can't help but to feel panicked. Iroh's army is down bad, now a lot of us are hurt, and on top of that, Kuvira still has that weapon.

"Kuvira is heading our way with a platoon of mecha suits!" Tenzin tells us.

"What should we do?" Asami asks sounding worried.

"This is my hometown and I hate to say it, but there's no use risking all our lives to fight that giant thing! Let her take the city for now! We'll think of some way to come back and beat her!" Bolin advises.

I get both sides, I do, but I'm not leaving. I wasn't born here, but Republic City is my home. I was 16 years old when Tenzin agreed to train my sister here, and he took me in, too! I met my best friends here, I made a life here. For the first time ever, I felt apart of something. It was the beginning of everything for me. If Kuvira thinks I'm going to leave and give up without a fight, she's got another thing coming.

"I'm not leaving without a fight! Plus, what about all the people who haven't been evacuated yet?" I say.

That's yet another issue! Jade is still leading evacuations, and I'm not leaving her or any other innocent people to die.

"Kitty's right," Mako agrees. "If Kuvira finds out that Wu is with them, she might fire that spirit cannon at him and take them all out."

"I couldn't stop Kuvira from taking Zaofu. I'm not letting her conquer Republic City. The world isn't safe as long as she has that weapon," my sister states strongly. "We take down that giant today."

"Lin!" My sister and I exclaim happily.

Boy am I glad to see her! It's kind of funny. When I first met Lin, she wanted nothing to do with me or my sister. I remember being so fascinated by her. For one, she is a metalbender, and two, she's a Beifong! But I think as time went on, I was most fascinated by her being her. Not because she was a Beifong or a metalbender. I admired her strength and how she was willing to not just protect my sister, which I appreciate more than anything, but she was willing to protect me, too. I know she says that she doesn't want kids, and never has, but truth be told, the moment Team Avatar was formed, she gained 5 of us.