2;3.2

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10

My hands are balled in a fist and shake as I wait for the trial to start. Counting is really the only thing I can do to not have a major outburst that'll lead me to jail, too. Not only am I nervous, but I'm furious. My parents did not conspire anything! It was Varrick and the other southerners! You heard my father, he'd never attack his brother!- And my mother?! She wouldn't hurt a fly!

I know Korra and I need to come together as sisters and get through this, but I can't help the rage I am feeling towards her right now. If she would have never gave Unalaq that much authority, this wouldn't be happening. I just wish she would've listened. I'm just happy that my friends are here to support us, I can't say the same about my boyfriend. At this point, I don't care. I hope he's having a grand ol' time here in the South Poles, because when I see him, I'm going punch him so hard, he'll fly straight back to Republic City!

"This trial will now come to order! Judge Hotah presiding."

I watch as Hotah, a serious-looking old man, settles into the judge's chair at the center of the dais. He looks really mean, but I hope he'll show some compassion and understanding and let my parents go.

"I was asleep in my chambers when the rebels attacked. They overpowered me, and the next thing I remember was waking up in the snow after Avatar Korra had saved me," my uncle says to the judge.

"According to Unalaq's testimony, you attended a meeting where Varrick tried to incite a civil war. Is that true?" The judge asks my sister.

For some reason I'm not allowed to testify. Uncle says it's because I wasn't there at the attack, but I was there when the meeting happened. None of this makes sense to me.

"Yes," my sister answers the judge honestly.

"And where these men present at that meeting?"

"Well, yes, but -"

"And where exactly did this meeting take place?"

"Objection!" Bolin yells out from the audience.

"Quiet down out there!" The judge snaps. "I'll ask you one more time. Where did the meeting happen?"

"My parents' house," Korra answers quietly.

"And who led this meeting?"

"Your honor, if I may?" Bolin interrupts again.

"May what?" Hotah asks, clearly annoyed by his antics.

"May I ... declare a mistrial?" Bolin asks awkwardly.

"Sit down!" He yells at Bolin, then turns back to my sister. "Varrick and your father led the meeting, didn't they?"

"My parents are innocent!" Korra yells desperately.

"I've heard all I need to. I'll return shortly with my decision."

...

It feels like we've been at recess for an entire week, what's taking so long?! My parents are innocent! My father, nor my mother, were not there at the attack. Varrick is the one who did this, why is this even a discussion?!

After a few more agonizing minutes, the judge finally makes his return.

"Senna, please step forward."

I watch worryingly as my mother steps forward and looks at my father.

"I have found you ... innocent. You are free to go."

I let out a breath of relief as a guard removes her handcuffs. She runs to Korra and I, and the three of us embrace each other.

"On the charge of treason, you are all found ... guilty. The punishment for this crime ... is death."