4;11;2

Operation Beifong; Part 2

It's dark, but Opal and I are in position to give the signal to Bolin, Toph, and Lin to start the mission. I am so excited for Opal, she's honestly so strong. I don't know what I'd do if it were my mom who were kidnapped, I'd probably go mad- I mean sure I slapped Korra when Unalaq framed my father and tried to ship him off to the north, but I can't imagine if it were my mother. I'd probably had to be put in a straight jacket.

"So, you and Wing are about to be united, how do you feel?" Opal asks.

"Um, what do you mean "how do I feel?" More like "how do you feel?" Opal, you're getting your family back, I'm so happy for you."

"Yeah, I'm pretty happy, too. And I really appreciate you, and Jade, and even Bolin, for helping us. The way everyone treated you and Jade when we thought you were working for Kuvira, I wouldn't help any of us if I were you."

"I mean, it hurt, but I did my duty to the world, and that I don't regret."

"I'm so glad we're friends again," she says with a smile. "We've come a long way, haven't we?"

"We have."

"And it's nice to see you back in Air Nation attire, we've missed you," she tells me.

I laugh. "I think I still look pretty ridiculous in my airbending wardrobe, but yeah, it's nice to be back."

...

It's time.

Opal and I land on a vantage point overlooking the cannon. I nod  to her.

"The test is about to start. They're going to blow up that empty town we flew over yesterday. You're clear to go," she says into her radio.

...

Opal and I were waiting anxiously when I start feeling overwhelmed- more overwhelmed than before that is. I stand up abruptly and look towards the abandoned town.

"What's wrong, Kitty?"

"It's Kuvira, she's using a lot of spirit energy. Something bad is happening, I just know it."

-And dead Kitty is back. She lets out a loud shriek, this time it doesn't startle me. I hear her. Raina is warning me about something.

"We got 'em. We're coming out," Bolin tells us through the radio.

I quickly grab the device and scream into it. "Hurry up!" I yell.

I look through the binoculars and I'm pretty sure I'm the color of a ghost by now. My heart pounds watching Zhu Li being tied up in the town.

Oh no, they're going to kill her.

"What do you see?" Opal asks.

"It's Zhu Li, they're going to kill her."

Lin and Bolin suddenly burst out with the others. Opal and I glide down. Suyin can't take her eyes off of Opal who pulls out her bison whistle to summon Juicy.

Thank the spirits!

I feel like a huge weight has finally been lifted. I'm just so happy. Opal and Lin got their family back, finally.

"Mom! Dad!" Opal cries. She embraces both her parents in a bone crushing hug before turning to Bolin.

"Thank you," she cries.

Bolin smiles softly at her, and I can't lie, I may have shed a tear or two. Bolin has really shown how loyal he is, and yeah he made a mistake, but he really kept his word when he said he'll do everything he can to get the Beifong's back. And even though I'm still scared to talk to Wing, I'm glad to see him and his brothers are ok.