3;9

"I know that none of you chose to become airbenders," Tenzin starts. "But now you do have a choice. We can relocate you somewhere safe, or you can come with me to the Northern Air Temple to live in peace and train as Air Nomads. You are no longer anyone's property. What path you decide is up to you."

"I want to go with you."

One of the airbenders volunteers, and one by one they each put their hands up.

"Me, too."

"Count me in."

A beautiful moment that brings tears to my eyes. I look at Tenzin and he looks so happy. I know Aang would be proud of him. Carrying a whole culture on your back, I know that has to be mentally and physically draining.

Tenzin and the new airbenders get ready for their long voyage to the Northern Air temple, and I sigh just looking at them. What a bitter sweet moment. Tenzin, Jinora, and Bumi are basically members of Team Avatar, we're family, and now we're all splitting up. On the brightside, bringing the airbenders back brings balance, and after almost 200 years, we can finally achieve that. We actually have an Air Nation, I can't believe it.

"Hey," I say awkwardly to my sister. "Um, I just wanted to tell you that... I'm really sorry. I should've told you that I could airbend. I was just scared, and when I saw that the Dai Li were abducting airbenders, and this Zaheer dude escaping, I freaked out and tried to suppress my new abilities. But when I saw what they were doing to you, and Mako got hurt, I kinda just... snapped."

"What? Kitty, are you kidding me? Not only are you an amazing waterbending master, now you can airbend?! That's so cool! It's like you're half Avatar or something," she says with a chuckle.

"Wait, you're not mad?" I ask confused.

How can she be so happy? I lied to everybody, and I'm pretty sure I almost killed the Earth Queen.

"Of course not! I mean, I get it. With everything going on, I'd be freaked out, too. You can bend two elements, I've never heard of that before! When did this happen? How long have you been able to do this?" She asks. "Tell me everything."

"Actually, I found out the same day Bumi discovered his. I fell out of my bedroom window, and next thing I know, I was hovering inches away from the ground. I freaked out, and the day Asami took you out for your driving lesson, I went to Wan Shi Tong's library to see if I could find anything about bending two elements," I explain.

"You went to Wan Shi Tong's library?! Are you insane?! I'm surprised he let you in," she gasps.

"Well, I offered him my journal, and he took it because he's never heard of anyone who's not the Avatar who could bend two elements."

"Really? so what, you're the only one who's ever been able to bend two elements?"

"It looks that way. I've talked to Tenzin, even master Iroh in the Spirit World. I read so many books in that crazy owl's library, which I had to move that old professors corpse for! I can only see 3 reasons how this happened."

"And those are?" She asks.

"One being because you're my sister. There's no recordings of other Avatar siblings, so it seems I'm the first. Two, there are dozens of lion turtles we don't know about! Who's to say that a dormant lion turtle didn't have a play in this. I mean, when we went back to Avatar Wan's era, we only came across four. The lion turtle that unblocked Aang's chakra was no where to be found. The Aye Aye spirit did say there are dozens of lion turtles. And three, all of the above," I explain. "There's just so much I don't know."

"Well, whatever it is, I know you're going to be an incredible airbender. So, I know Tenzin was talking about you training at the Air Temple with the other airbenders, so what do you say? I'll support you in whatever you choose, but we're really going to miss you, too."