2;6

I think I'm starting to piece everything together. When Wan was banished, that was the start of everything; Bending the elements and humans and spirits interacting with one another. I'm still not sure how the Avatar came to be, but I'm sure I'll find out soon. It's all so overwhelming. I mean, I'm witnessing the birth of the Avatar.

I look around confusingly as my body is quickly transported back to Wan's village. There's Jaya, Yao, and the other villagers, but no Wan.

"Wan has proved that with the power of fire, anyone can survive in the wilds," a much older Jaya says to the crowd. "We don't have to live under Chou the Elder's rules anymore, so I say we leave this city and start over! Who's with me?"

The people cheer and they leave the city. They ask the lion turtle to grant them with the power of fire, and their request is granted. Once again I'm transported back to the oasis where Wan is packing his belongings on his cat deer, Mula.

"You sure you want to leave?" Aye-Aye asks Wan.

"Yes. It's time I see the rest of the world and find the other lion turtle cities."

"I'm proud to call you my friend, Stinky."

Awwe, it's nice to see how their relationship progressed.

I watched Wan leave the oasis and travel far and wide to find other lion turtles. The Spirit Wilds are amazing! It seems like this place is endless. I've seen so many spirits and creatures I never even knew existed!

Mula approaches a stream when all of a sudden we encounter a parade of spirits running away in the same direction. The spirits are lead by the beautiful purple spirit I saw when Wan was first banished.

"The all-powerful spirits are battling!" One of the spirits exclaim.

"They're gonna wipe out the entire valley!" Another yells.

Wan goes to investigate. I almost scream at the sight of  two large spirits locked into battle, destroying everything as they go. I know this was in the past, but for some reason, I still feel scared, terrified even. The dark spirit is giving off some really bad energy, more than I've ever felt. I don't like it at all.

Wan runs up to the great spirits and uses his firebending to draw their attention.

"Stop, or you'll destroy everything!" 

"This doesn't concern you, human!" The white and blue spirit tells him.

Unlike the other spirit, this one doesn't scare me. It's actually quite opposite. She gives me a feeling of peace and comfort. She looks so similar to that purple spirit I saw earlier.

"It does when the lives of spirits and animals are in danger!"

"If you're a friend to spirits, then use your fire to help me break free," the other pleads to Wan.

"Don't involve the human. This is between us."

"Please, save me. She has tormented me for ten thousand years!" the dark spirit pleads again.

"Ten thousand years?" Wan says in awe.

Please don't do it, Wan... I know he is, but...

"Let him go!"

Wan firebends at the spirits, but is tossed aside by the light spirit. As he emerges out of the bushes again, he notices that the two spirits are only connected to one another by a tentacle. Come on, Wan! I'm guessing color association wasn't a thing back then. He's more like Korra than I thought.

He strikes at the spirits tethered tentacles and severs their grasp. As soon as they're separated, the dark spirit flies away to rest atop a nearby mountain, while the light spirit screams and shrinks back.