3;19

I failed.

Korra has so far been kidnapped by Tarlaq, our uncle, and Zaheer... Twice! I've spent so much time trying to protect her, and it was my job to make sure she stayed out of trouble when we arrived in Republic City, this looks like trouble to me- no, this is chaos! Exactly what Zaheer wants. I've done everything I could, so what went wrong?

We run outside and Mako let's me down and wraps my arm his shoulder. My head is pounding, and I'm starting to see things, but that doesn't matter right now. Korra is fighting Zaheer, and she's still in the Avatar state! Mako, Bolin, and I slowly but surely make it over to the others.

"Kitty!" My father says taking me in his arms.

"Dad!" I cry out happily.

"I don't understand. I saw you- You saved me," he says shocked, all while trying to inspect my body to see if I'm ok.

"I don't know, but that doesn't matter right now. Korra is still in the Avatar state!"

"I know," he replies worried.

We look up at Zaheer and my sister. I watch Jinora as she leads the airbenders into starting a tornado. I'm glad to see they're ok, but my sister is still up there with that maniac.

Zaheer starts to suffocate her, the same way he killed the Earth Queen. This can't be happening. Luckily he stops when he feels the gust of wind coming his way. He turns to see the large vortex created by the airbenders approaching him. He let's go of my sister and tumbles in the harsh wind. He tries to grab her again and fly away, but he is slowly being sucked in. After dozens of failed attempts to escape, he drops Korra and starts to fly off.

I cannot believe this fool can fly! Son of a-

"No, he's getting away!" I exclaim.

As the adrenalin courses through my body, I make a run for the eye of the tornado. If he thinks he's going to get away just like that, he's got another thing coming. It's not fair that he caused so much destruction, he needs to pay.

"Kitty, no!" My dad shouts. He's too late, there's no turning back now.

I propel myself into the tornado and I meet Zaheer face to face. Did I mention how how much I love airbending? Two weeks ago I would've never been able to do this. I was so afraid of his power, but now I realize how much of a coward he really is. He tries to get away, but I grab him by his collar. I draw my fist back and I punch him square in the face. I feel the crunch of his nose as my fist makes contact. That was the most satisfying thing I've ever done. Wow, that felt good!

I send his body flying towards my sister. He's stunned, he probably thought I was dead. She catches him and he flails the chain. Korra then catches him by the ankle and the two soar through the air, our tornado never faltering.

"Ahhh!" I groan.

The poison! It's taken its course and has fully taken over my bloodstream. I can feel it, and it's painful. I'd rather be bloodbent again. My body feels like it's 100x times heavier. I let it fall carelessly toward the ground. I close my eyes. I just can't anymore. I accept my fate. I don't want to fight. I've fought a lot since arriving in Republic City, and at this point, it'd be nice if the next villain- yqa know, if I survive, would be willing to talk it out instead of taking the violent rout. We could go out for brunch or something.

"I got her! I got her!" I hear Bolin say from down below.

I breath out slowly when my body collides with his. He wraps me in his arms.

"She's ok!" He tells the others.

I feel my body being transported, and I finally open my eyes despite my eyelids being so very heavy right now.