2; 1.2

It feels so good to be home! I look around at all the festivities and I immediately feel so at peace. Korra and I have always loved the Glacier Spirit Festival. I remember coming here as kids. It was the only time I was able to escape the pressure of being the Avatar's sister and let loose without those fuddy duddy White Lotus jerks ruining everything.

"It's a shame the southerners have abandoned all connections to the spirits. Even during the most hallowed times," Unalaq says stiffly, and I roll my eyes at his statement.

Leave it to him to ruin the mood. I actually feel bad for my cousins. I know my relationship with my father isn't where I'd like it to be, but at least I can say there are still moments in my life where we had fun, and I know he loves me. I've never seen a moment where Unalaq showed any kind of love or compassion, not even to his own children.

"Come on, uncle," I tell him. "Lighten up."

"We've always loved the Glacier Spirits Festival. It's fun," Korra says as she looks down and smiles at me.

"This festival used to be a solemn time of fasting and meditation. Now it's just a chance to watch some rube try to stick an entire arctic hen in his mouth."

We all stop and look to Bolin who is, yep, stuffing a whole arctic hen in his mouth and is attempting to swallow it.

"What?" He asks self consciously. "Oh, it's so good."

"Leave Bolin alone," I whine. "He's a growing boy."

"Traditions change," my father replies to his brother. "It's not the end of the world."

"Tell that to the sailors who are being attacked by angry spirits in southern waters."

Huh? Angry spirits have been attacking southern waters? Is that why I've been having those dreams? Are they even dreams? Are they some kind of vision? Why didn't my dad tell me? I asked if everything was ok over here, and he said everything is fine and to just focus on Korra and her training. I mean, Korra is the Avatar, the bridge between the physical world and the spirit world, so why doesn't she know either?

"Some traditions have purpose," Unalaq says darkly.

"Wait," Korra says. "Spirits are attacking ships? "

"I'm surprised the Avatar doesn't know about that. Apparently you haven't been given all of the information you need. It would be my honor to instruct you in the spiritual ways of the Water Tribe."

Now wait a minute. I understand that Uncle is good with spirits and stuff, but so is Tenzin! If anyone should instruct her, it's Tenzin. Just like he has been for the past year.

"I wouldn't mind learning about fighting spirits. Airbending is getting pretty boring."

How can she so easily just disrespect an entire culture like that!?

"Tenzin is Korra's instructor!" I exclaim.

I know I shouldn't get involved, and my outburst may seem disrespectful, but Unalaq is overstepping here, and someone needs to tell him.

"Tenzin can give her all the training she needs," my father says backing me up.

It's about time.

"So you've said," Unalaq replies.

...

"How do I look?" I ask Von.

"You look great!"

We're currently getting ready for the feast held in my uncle's honor, and I'm not exactly looking forward to it. I hate how stiff and humorless Unalaq is, and I hate how disrespectful he is to my father. I'm also really annoyed with my sister. How can she just disrespect airbending like that? Six months ago she was risking her life to save Tenzin and his family because she knows how important airbending is, and let's talk about how desperate she was to learn it! All of a sudden because she can punch out a few air blasts to a tree, she's suddenly a master and bored with it?