6

I can't sleep. Every time I close my eyes, my mind goes back to the moment Amon took that guys bending away. Not to mention how sore I am from being electrocuted. I wonder if Bolin feels the same way. I mean, he actually came face to face with Amon, and there's no telling what he went through when we weren't there. I don't know what I'd do if I were ever in that kind of situation. It's a good thing he has a brother like Mako, he had to think fast.

I look over at my sister as I notice her move again. I think she's having a nightmare. She's scared too, but I know my sister, she's going to act like this doesn't bother her. I just want her to understand that we're all worried, even Tenzin, and it's ok to feel frightened. Just because she's the Avatar doesn't mean she has to be fearless, she's still human.

I push my legs over the edge of my bed and make my way over to Korra's. When Korra and I were little and there was a storm outside, we use to go to our parents room and lay with our mom because we would be so scared. Mom's not here right now, but we still have each other, and right now I'm just really scared.

"Kitty?" Korra calls for me sleepily.

"Yeah, it's me."

"You're scared, huh?" She asks me.

"Yeah... I really wish mom were here."

...

Last night was rough. For the first time since I arrived in this city, I truly wished Tenzin would just send me back home to the south, but no matter how scared I am, I have a job to do here. I can't leave Korra alone with this mess. Amon isn't just a problem for Republic City, he's a threat to the world. There is no running.

Korra and I decided today would be a chill day of practicing our waterbending. We stand in front of each other, bending an orb of water back and forth to each other. To think, Amon has the power to take this all away. It sends a shiver up my spine just thinking about it. As we continue our exercise, I hear the radio sound, and a voice that's been haunting the entire city;

"Good evening, my fellow Equalists. This is your leader, Amon. As you have heard, the Republic Council has voted to make me public enemy number one, proving once again that the bending oppressors of this city will stop at nothing to quash our revolution. But we cannot be stopped. Our numbers grow stronger by the day. You no longer have to live in fear. The time has come for benders to experience fear."

And the radio goes silent.

"Korra?" I call for my sister. She looks absolutely terrified.

"Come on," she says while avoiding eye contact. "We have to get ready for dinner."

I sigh. I'm not going to push her to talk about it right now, we're both very drained.

"Ok, let's head inside."

...

"This food looks phenomenal, Pema! Thank you," I tell her as we all sit at the dinner table ready to eat.

I really love the way Pema treats Korra and I, like her own. She could easily tell us to make our own food and sleep outside, but instead, she treats us like her own daughters. I really appreciate her, which is why I try to help her out as much as I can.

"You're welcome, sweetie!" She says with a smile on her face.

"We are grateful for this delicious food, for happiness, for compassion, and-" Tenzin was saying grace, but was suddenly cut off.

We all look at the doorway to see a very tall man with long hair and dressed in a fancy traditional Water Tribe suit. He has a smirk on his face, and Tenzin and Pema both look annoyed by his presence.