Elegance (preview)

Here are the first three chapters of Elegance (LOK), now available on my profile, enjoy!

Just so you know- Older Li Na will occasionally narrate the story to talk about certain events, but a good portion of the story will be told by 13 year old Li Na in the present (So she'll be referring to things in present tense). So you won't be confused, Older Li Na's narration will be in italics and bold, thoughts will be in italics, and younger Li Na will be in regular font. Don't forget to check out my other story. if you like ATLA, and Zuko especially, I'd recommend checking it out. Coco (A Zuko Kind of Story) is available on my profile.

The story of the forgotten Sister, Li Na.

I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE LOK CHARACTERS, SO DON'T COME FROM ME~ With all that being said, happy reading! 3>

...

Earth.

Fire.

Air.

Water.

When I was a boy, my father, Avatar Aang, told me the story of how he and his friends heroically ended the Hundred Year War.

Avatar Aang and Firelord Zuko transformed The Fire Nation colonies into The United Republic of Nations, a society where benders and non-benders from all over the world could live and thrive together in peace and harmony. They named the capital of this great land, Republic City.

Avatar Aang accomplished many remarkable things in his life, but sadly, his time in this world came to an end. And like the cycle of the seasons, the cycle of the Avatar began anew."

Older Li Na's pov

This is the story of how I tragically died.

Just kidding, this is the story of the time I helped save the world with my brothers, and two of my best friends. One of them just so happens to be the Avatar, master of all 4 elements. I mean, I guess we almost died a few times, but we survived!

I was 13 years old, almost 14, living with my two older brothers, Mako and Bolin. Mako was 18, and Bolin was 16 1/2 at the time (A/N their ages weren't really discussed in the show, but I did some research, and a lot of people are guessing 18 and 16, so I'm going with that). Bolin was, and still is like a big kid, and my best friend. A great person to talk to, and he gives great hugs! I always thought of Mako as my father figure. Whenever I would think of my parents, Mako and Bolin were really the only people who would come to mind, and I still feel this way to this very day. I'm sure my parents were great, but I hardly remember them. Here's our story:

Li Na; 13 years old

I was 3 years old, Bolin was 6, and Mako was 8. My dad was from the Earth Kingdom while my mom was from the Fire Nation. My dad moved from Ba Sing Se to the city where he met my mom, and they had three children together. We were having a family day out when we were mugged by a firebender. My parents were killed right in front of my brothers and I. The muggers got away with it, but not without injuring me too. I was a firebender like my oldest brother, but my hands and feet were severely burned during the attack, so I lost my ability to firebend. Years later, I'm still unable to bend, and I still deal with the pain of one of the few memories I have left of my parents. It's like it's haunting me. As I grow older, it gets harder to remember My parents, but that day? I remember it like it was yesterday.