3

"And in the final round, the Buzzard Wasps won with a decisive knockout!" Korra reads from the newspaper.

Korra and I have taken a much bigger interest in probending since arriving here in the city. Apparently it's huge here, and we've loved it since we were kids. Something about it is just really exciting. Maybe it's because for years we lived in the South Pole, and even though Korra is the Avatar, we're use to mostly waterbending.

It would be so cool to go and watch a live tournament, but I don't think Tenzin would ever allow that. He doesn't seem the type to enjoy that kind of stuff, which sucks since we have the chance to go now that we live here.

"What do you say we go to the arena tonight, catch a few pro-bending matches?" Korra asks excitingly.

"That would be so fun!" I exclaim. "I want to sit in the front row so we can see everything!"

"That sport is a mockery of the noble tradition of bending," Tenzin says staley.

He is so boring!

"Come on, Tenzin! We've dreamed about seeing a pro-bending match since we were kids, and now we're just a ferry ride away from the arena," my sister says.

"Korra, you're not here to watch that drivel. You're here to finish your Avatar training. So, for the time being, I want you to remain on the island."

"Is that why you're keeping the White Lotus sentries around?" Korra asks.

"Yes. In order to learn airbending, I believe you require a calm, quiet environment, free from any distractions."

It's like we're living in another compound... Except there's no snow!

"Can I go? I'm not an airbender," I say.

"She's got you there," Korra says.

"Hmm," he thinks to himself for awhile. "No, you still have to focus on your waterbending and your studies. That's the deal I made with your parents."

"Awwwe," I whine. "That's not fair! So we can't have fun now?"

I know I shouldn't speak to him like that, but I can still practice my bending while having at least a little bit of fun! I'm not Korra, I don't need a calm quiet environment. I'm not an airbender, I'm not the Avatar!

"Alright," Korra says. "You're the master."

...

Of course I'm here watching Korra's first airbending practice! This is such an exciting moment, I can't miss it. Ikki and I stand on the sidelines, along with Meelo and Jinora, and we squeal in excitement! I feel like I'm sending my kid off to their first day of school, except that kid is my sister... And I don't want kids.

"What is this?" I ask Tenzin about the crazy contraption standing in front of him.

"A time-honored tool that teaches the most fundamental aspect of airbending," he answers proudly.

"Wait, so your dad actually used this?" I ask in awwe.

"He did," he answers proudly. "Jinora, would you like to explain this exercise?"

Jinora explains how to use the tool, and I continue to sit back admiring it. I think it's so cool that Korra gets to learn how to airbend with the same contraption that Avatar Aang and the monks used. I'm kinda jealous, it would be so cool to be an airbender right now! It's almost like I can feel the spirits radiating from the contraption.

"Seems easy enough," Korra states.

"Jinora forgot to say that you have to make it through while the gates are spinning," Ikki adds.